San Diego County Airport Authority
San Diego International Airport was built on the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
Our Facilities Management Department is sourcing for an experienced Electrician II to install new and repair existing electrical systems consistently with trade codes and organizational requirements. This opportunity requires journey-level experience and the ideal candidate will complete the following essential duties:
- Installs, alterations, troubleshoots, calibrates, repairs and preventive maintenance of electrical and electronic systems, devices, component, conduits, wires, pull boxes, switchboards, controllers, switches, motors, controls, transformers, exciters, generators, motor control equipment circuits, planning, parts in motors, generators, storage batteries, conductors, electrical fixtures additions, extensions, electromechanical, electronic and electrical components of electrical devices, exciters, instruments, devices, alarm systems, heating and refrigeration equipment, pump stations, irrigation systems, lighting systems.
- Inspects, installs and repairs high-voltage airport runway lighting systems, isolates and resolves equipment and system failures, uses standard and specialized electrical and electronic testing and diagnosis devices, completes timely and accurate preventive maintenance activities.
- Sketches and lays out work from drawings and sketches, interprets blueprints, schematics and diagrams, requisitions tools, equipment and supplies, maintains records, logs, blueprints, plans and specifications, operates forklifts, air compressors, cranes, jackhammers, portable and stationary generators, pneumatic and electric tools and equipment.
- Operates computer to create and access records, timecards and work orders, operates vehicles to work sites, responds to emergency situations, coordinates work with stakeholders, assists with training or instructing others, may lead the work of others as a project leader and performs related duties as assigned.
Note: The candidate selected for this vacancy may work a non-traditional work schedule which requires night shift and weekend work; including being call back to work during emergency situations.
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- Four years of journey-level experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic equipment and devices.
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Depending on experience, starting pay is between $33.28 and $36.88 per hour with an additional eligibility of $2.25 more per hour for the second and $2.50 for night shifts.
Full pay range is between $33.28 – $38.82 – $45.05
Apply at ://sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.
- Airfield 5kv voltage an 12Kv voltage experience preferred.
- Must be flexible to work the second or third shift including weekend and holidays.
- Demonstrated collaborative interpersonal proficiency to engage teams and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to complete assignments within expectation.
- Ability to deliver targeted results to specification, at cost and on schedule.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.