San Diego County Airport Authority
San Diego International Airport was built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
We are searching for an individual with demonstrated leadership, communication and strategic skills as the Director, Revenue Generation & Partnership Development. The selected individual is a strategic partner on concession programs, revenue management activities, growth initiatives, and:
1. Cultivates and executes strategies and measures progress toward goal accomplishment and customer experience objectives involving revenue management programs and not limited to, airport reals estate, concessions, leasing and parking revenue;
2. Responsible for the development and strategies execution; accountable for the generation of target and managing external relationships and delivers against established business targets and requirements; is the expert and provides advise on current on market conditions and consultation on real estate property management and commercial development agreements;
3. Forges strategic partnerships with internal and external constituencies; collaborates and conveys present and future objectives; negotiates and persuades effectively at all levels of the organization; influences and is seen at all levels as a trusted expert; networks and builds relationships with community resources to support goals;
4. Integrates information and arrives at optimal problem solutions; develops and defines strategies including work plans to achieve goals; pursues initiatives to capitalize on opportunities and manages risks; drives work efforts in alignment with initiatives;
5. Directs the preparation of leases, easements and other real estate documents in accordance with mandates or directives; oversees business assets; coordinates airport asset development priorities including business objectives, financial forecasts, operational projections, budget and work practices;
6. Establishes task ownership and accountability; coaches and mentors staff; responds and encourages ideas and perspective; models inclusive and culturally competent behavior; coaches and resolves situations, conflicts and delivery of successful interventions;
7. Identifies alternative solutions to problems and selects effective corrective actions that support goals and strategies; champions and facilitates change process; coordinates efforts and monitors progress; stays current on industry and trends and shapes stakeholders views; incorporates innovative practices to enhance efficiency;
8. Oversees work teams and consulting service providers and implements industry sustainable trends and practices; is the keeper of the organization’s brand, selects, coaches and retains team members and external service provider; performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Nice to have:
1. Strong leadership and people capacity to successfully influence and engage diverse team members and stakeholders at all levels organization-wide and externally and meet commitments;
2. Effective interpersonal talent and the aptitude to disseminate oral and written information in a concise and thorough manner;
3. Financial planning, strategy and risk management practices focus;
4. Collaborative flair that advances partnership to meeting operational objectives;
5. Effective decision making skills to enable customer-focused, business-driven decision making;
6. Proven expertise in structuring commercial and underwrite real estate agreements;
7. High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-driven attitude;
8. Excellent analytic, forecasting, negotiation and strong intellect/creative thinker;
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other technology platforms.
Education & Requirements:
1. Graduation from a four-year college or university;
2. Eight years of progressively responsible business development, real estate management or commercial leasing experience, of which at least five were in a supervisory or program management capacity;
3. Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Depending on experience, hiring range is $106,962 – $150,000.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit www.san.org.