San Diego County Airport Authority
San Diego International Airport was built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
In addition to competitive compensation, our rewards include a robust benefits program, employee recognition programs and several initiatives to include a full commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Enjoy the flexibility of telecommuting as practiced by the hiring work unit as an Assistant Authority Clerk I, in our Board Service Department. The ideal candidate will be energetic, innovative and a customer service-oriented individual with a diversity of administrative and organizational skills. This position performs administrative and office support functions to the Board of Directors and assists with agenda coordination for board and committee meetings; ensuring compliance with Corporate Governance laws; and reviewing agenda reports and materials for completeness and compliance with established policies and procedure.
The essential duties of the job include:
- Oversees Board member onboarding; manages calendars, coordinates, arranges and confirms meetings; makes arrangements and coordinates various functions; and provides administrative and office support.
- Assists with preparation of board and/or committee meetings and ensures agenda and materials are distributed as required; generates action items, notices, postings, and finalizes minutes and resolutions; assists with the facilitation of meetings and tracks attendance; participates in the implementation of conflict and economic interest tracking.
- Attends and prepares meeting minutes; processes and maintains adopted resolutions consistently with governance and internal controls.
- Shapes perspectives and makes presentations; contributes to discussions on design, formulation and communication of goals and objectives; resolves issues and challenges; participates in process designing, redesigning and integration of operational practices and resources.
- Completes research, benchmarks and generates reports, written materials and learning plans; keeps current with industry trends and sustainable practices; performs related duties as assigned.
- Critical Evaluation – Translates regulatory requirements, objectives and strategies, analyzes and defines problems, advances alternative solutions, identifies optimal solution, listens and clarifies information.
- Problem-Solving/Agility Skills – Completes review of situation or factors and collaboratively generates alternative solutions, readily adapts behavior or new work methods to evolving and/or unexpected situations and obstacles.
- Interpersonal Ability – Proficiently and clearly communicates, interprets, establishes and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others, collaborates with stakeholders and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and in written format, facilitates and persuades.
- Project Management Skills – Competently determines processes to achieve strategies; verifies efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion.
- Leveraging Technology – Effectively uses systems and applications and generates information electronically.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills and the capacity to maintain confidentiality including presentation of information in one-on-one and group settings.
- Practical experience interpreting policies and regulations.
- Excellent time, project and change management skills with aptitude to self-direct, complete work assignments and drive projects and programs independently.
- Effective use of technology and clearly uses a range of methods for recording, presenting information and maintaining a record-keeping system.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, particularly when accurately recording information and reviewing documents for clarity and accuracy.
- Effective analytical and decision-making ability with balanced customer focus/people skills.
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent; and
- Four years of increasingly responsible office administrative or secretarial experience in a city clerk’s office;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certification as a Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) and Notary Public desired.
The hiring salary for an Assistant Authority Clerk I is 49,773
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit www.san.org.