San Diego County Airport Authority
The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members. We have a high performing culture and we challenge ourselves through innovation…we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Airport Design & Construction Department is searching for a self-directed individual with demonstrated experience in a Technical Coordinator role. The position coordinates and tracks all facets of project development, design and execution activities; supports project management and construction teams with administrative tasks, interface, and deliverables.
Typical duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates and monitors the overall project management activities related to the planning, design, construction and implementation phases; enables projects with internal, external cross-functional partners and regulatory agencies; facilitates decision-making and project conferences;
- Collaborates on project take-offs, scope growth to final deliverable and closeout; tracks and supports construction phases, schedule, cost control, estimates, proposal, submittals, task/change orders, permits, and warranty manuals;
- Completes site visits and observations; prepares and reviews project scope of work, request for information, bid and quotation packages, selection process, contract documents, and procurement process; ensures conformance of activities with requirements, commitment, and mandates;
- Validates information and data against requirements; serves as the link on contractor activities violation with internal partner; coordinates project documentation, revisions, and distributions;
- Supports cost control activities for budget forecast, tracking, schedule updates; coordinates real-time issue and priorities conflict resolution and verifies agreements with partners;
- Translates and clarifies project vision and information; compiles technical information, relays updates and supports project close-out efforts; responds to enquiries, complaints, facilitates decision making, shapes perspectives, and gains commitments; ensures safe work practices;
- Tracks and maintains project documentation and delivery process; completes technical research and contributes the design, redesigning of the operational budget, estimates, objectives and practices, metrics and technological resources;
- Defines technical reports, meeting minutes, agenda, reports, presentations, correspondence, invoice, and learning plans; keeps current with industry trends and sustainable practices; performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- BA degree in construction, engineering, project management or a closely related field;
- Five years of commercial construction project management, architectural or engineering experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Depending on experience, the hiring reward is up to $95,000 annually.
1. Technical Skills – Integrates design, architecture models and construction schedules; technological solutions for business objectives and operation; generates and communicates information; problem solves and makes decision; works with established standards, demonstrates strong attention to detail;
2. Facilitation Skills – Self motivates, works autonomously and collaboratively coordinates and drives deliverable, relationship and expectations; completes work objectives, gains others support for ideas, projects, and solutions;
3. Project Management Skills – Competently translates project requirements, determines processes to achieve project strategy; verifies project efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion;
4. Interpersonal Ability – Proficiently listens, communicates, interprets, presents and clarifies ideas and expectations; engages and collaborates with individuals or groups; effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and written format; facilitates and persuades;
5. Problem-Solving/Agility Skills – Reviews situation or factor and collaboratively generates alternative or solution; readily adapts behavior or new work methods, evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles;
6. Leveraging Technology – Effective use of electronic information and associated systems.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.