San Diego County Airport Authority
San Diego International was built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
Our Facilities Management Department is searching for experienced Plumber to complete journey-level duties in the design, installation, maintenance and repair of plumbing and related systems, fixtures and equipment.
An ideal candidate will complete the following essential duties:
The essential duties of the job involve the following:
- Installs, maintains or repairs service line water, gas leaks, plumbing systems and fixtures, structural plumbing equipment, restroom facilities, water heaters, pumps, valves, plumbing control devices, faucets, pipes, faucets, water supply, drains, water and sewer systems, fountains, backflow devices, fire sprinkler system, air and gas lines.
- Sketches and lays out work from drawings and sketches; interprets blueprints, schematics and diagrams, requisitions tools, equipment and supplies, maintains records, logs, blueprints and specifications; ensures compliance of work with codes for a variety of tools, equipment and facilities; operates tools and equipment, drills, jackhammers, saws, pipe snakes, pipe threading machines, hand and power tools.
- Operates computer to create and access records, time cards and work orders; operates vehicles to work sites; responds to emergency situations; prepares cost estimates and orders materials; coordinates work with stakeholders and other trades; assists with training or instructing others; performs related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D.
- Two years of journey-level plumbing experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A current Backflow Testers License issued by the County of San Diego or State of California within one year of date of employment.
Note: The candidate selected for this vacancy will work the third shift schedule which requires night shift and weekend work; including being call back to work during emergency situations.
Hiring Reward is $31.40 per hour.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.