San Diego County Airport Authority
The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members. We have a high performing culture and we challenge ourselves through innovation…we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Airport Design & Construction Department is searching for a self-directed individual with demonstrated technical experience as an Aviation Systems Program Specialist. The position aligns aviation terminal and landside operational technology and system projects consistently with organizational strategies and objectives; integrates sustainable practices into programs, deliverables, projects infrastructure and platforms.
Typical duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees delivery and design of various terminal and landside facilities mechanical and special technology solutions and infrastructure, low voltage, baggage handling, fire life safety, and intrusion detection systems to ensure standards and integration of systems; manages requirements validation, system design, hardware and software procurement, systems installation and testing, systems acceptance, and training.
- Manages project life cycle including scope, budget, schedule, costs, design, quality, and delivery; ensures alignment of work efforts with organizational priorities, plans, standards, and programs.
- Coaches and fosters team’s success, competencies, accountability, development, diversity and customer focus; recognizes and rewards achievements, completes corrective action and oversees consulting/contractor services.
- Collaborates and negotiates activities with designers, contractors, cross-functional project teams, and other stakeholders; resolves issues, conflicts and problems particularly with respect to process designing, redesigning and integration of operational practices.
- Serves as primary liaison with designers on design issues during the design phase and on scope change design issues during construction; maintains partnerships with cross-functional teams, consultants and other stakeholders; represents programs and projects as the Authority representative and makes presentations.
- Tracks and documents financial, statistical, project data activities and plans; generates reports, written materials, and learning plans; keeps current with industry trends and sustainable practices; performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Associate degree or technical certification in engineering, information technology, project management or a closely field;
- Four years of information technology project management, aviation or airline systems management experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Depending on experience, the hiring reward is up to $95,000 annually.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.