San Diego County Airport Authority
San Diego International Airport was built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
To accommodate work life balance in our ever-changing world we now offer a fully revamped telecommunicating policy. In addition to competitive compensation, our rewards include a robust benefits program, employee recognition programs and several initiatives to include a full commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
We are looking for an Assistant Authority Clerk II, to support the Authority’s Board of Directors, including communications and meetings; ensures operational compliance with directives and mandates; and assists with developing and implementing the organization’s governance framework for records and information management across the organization and;
1. Manage assigned team, determines and participates in the process for achieving team goals consistently with mandated board and committee meeting activities; interprets mandates, public records and political acts; ensures alignment of work efforts with organizational priorities, process, regulations and documentation requirements.
2. Coach teams and fosters competencies, accountability, development, diversity, inclusion, learning, customer focus, and productive work environment; recognizes and rewards achievements, and completes corrective actions.
3. Maintain partnerships with stakeholders and shapes perspectives; attends meetings, represents the organization and makes presentations; participates in the formulation and communication of goals and objectives; resolves issues and challenges; participates in process designing, redesigning and integration of operational practices, benchmarks, data, budget, expenses, metrics and resources.
4. Shape, articulate and advance the organization-wide Records and Information Management vision, strategy, policies and goals through effective management of resources, customer relationships, risk mitigation and performance measures; oversees the Information Governance requirements of the Enterprise Content Management System.
5. Oversee the development and implementation of communication and training programs to promote organizational adherence to records and information management practices, including communicating policies, practices and changes to the Records and Information Management Program.
6. Conduct research; generate reports, written materials and learning plans; keeps current with industry trends and sustainable practices; performs related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Leadership & Influencing Skills – Motivates others through relationship building and setting expectations; develops others; recognizes achievements; completes work objectives; demonstrates the capacity for growth; gains others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
2. Critical Evaluation – Translates regulatory requirements, objectives and strategies; analyzes and defines problems, advances alternative solutions, identifies optimal solution, listens and clarifies information.
3. Problem-Solving/Agility Skills – Completes review of situation and collaboratively generates alternative or solution; readily adapts behavior and work methods to evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles.
4. Interpersonal Ability – Proficiently and clearly communicates, interprets, establishes, and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others; collaborates with stakeholders and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally, and written format; facilitates and persuades.
5. Project Management Skills – Competently determines processes to achieve strategies; verifies efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion.
6. Leveraging Technology – Effectively uses and generates information electronically; demonstrates competence in use of systems and applications.
Experience & Education:
- Graduation from a college or university with a major in business, management or public administration, or a closely related field;
- Five years experience preparing meeting agendas, minutes, and interpreting regulations, including supporting records management program in a public agency, of which three years were in a supervisory capacity;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certification as Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC), Master Municipal Clerk (MMC), Certified Records Manager (CRM) and/or Notary Public preferred.
Depending on experience, hiring reward between $67,570 to $108,164.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit www.san.org.