San Diego County Airport Authority
The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members, has a high-performing culture and we challenge ourselves through innovation…we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Ground Transportation Department is searching for an individual to provide customer service to the public, facilitate airport vehicular and pedestrian traffic flow on roadways, parking lots, and terminals; process lost and found properties; enforce airport for-hire and public transportation vehicle operations codes and policies.
The selected candidate will have responsibilities for the following:
- Provide assistance, directions, and customer service to the traveling public and stakeholders; patrol, control and enforce curbside traffic, airport roadways, parking lots, passenger loading/unloading zones, and for-hire and other commercial vehicles codes and regulations; issue violation citations.
- Report hazards, unsafe conditions, unattended baggage, and suspicious situations; participate in vehicle safety inspections of ground transportation vehicles.
- Assist with security breach situations and terminal emergency situation evacuation; resolve ground transportation drivers, customers, and customer service representative conflicts.
- When assigned Lost & Found responsibilities, in addition to the duties above and below, individuals collect, document, maintain custody and disposal of unclaimed airport properties; inspect found articles and contact identified owner.
- Operate radios, cell phones, hand-held citation electronic device, microcomputer database to enter and retrieve data and information; operate vehicles to work sites; perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D.;
- One year of work experience requiring the exercise of tact and diplomacy in dealing with the public;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Maintain a California Class C driver’s license.
To accomplish work assignments, you will:
- Have flexible availability to work rotating work shifts during day or nights;
- Complete a ten-year background check successfully;
- Have an acceptable driving record;
- Be attentive and communicate with the public and others in a clear, easy-to-understand way;
- Demonstrate listening, understanding skills and communicate accordingly in routine and challenging situations;
- Be personable, provide information and instructions in all interaction;
- Use effective judgment to analyze a situation, resolve the issues;
- Demonstrate experience with Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Proficiently exchange information through verbal and written forms;
- Build and maintain relationships with peers and others.
Starting salary is $21.50 per hour.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org