Position: Airport Maintenance Manager Status: Exempt
Reports to: Airport Manager Location: San Bernardino International Airport
Under general direction, plans, schedules, assigns, and reviews the work of airport maintenance staff. Oversees division Supervisors to ensure effective implementation of assigned areas, which includes preventative maintenance, upkeep and repair of landside and airside facilities, grounds, taxiways, roadways, landscape systems, vehicles, and equipment. Provides technical assistance to the Airport Manager. Performs a variety of technical tasks relative to the assigned functional area, and performs related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
This is the full supervisory-level class in the Airport Maintenance series. Receives general direction from the Airport Manager. Exercises direct supervision over maintenance staff.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth.
- Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develops and manages maintenance department budgets.
- Identifies resource needs; recommends, implements, and maintains a variety of internal and regulatory policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Assigns, prioritizes, and evaluates the work of assigned staff; monitors employee performance, develops, implements goals, assists with selection, training, development, and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Trains staff in work safety procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Troubleshoots complex operational problems; corrects or directs the correction of operational and/or equipment problems.
- Works with Airport Operations Division to ensure compliance all applicable regulations.
- Assists in emergency situations and manages assigned staff to ensure the airfield and airport facilities are safe and secure.
- Provides organizational assistance to the Airport Manager, including the preparation and presentation of staff reports and other written materials; ensures the proper maintenance of reports, documentation of records, project files, and related activities.
- Oversees minor construction projects and manages assigned contractors; responsible for the quality of workmanship in assigned areas.
- Establishes, maintains, and fosters positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the public, vendors, contractors, and agency staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Equivalent to two (2) years of college-level coursework in a related field and five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in general maintenance activities, including three (3) years of lead or supervisory experience.
- Aviation/Airport maintenance and/or construction management experience including preventative maintenance programs, and airfield Part 139 Inspections
- A Bachelor’s degree in airport/aviation administration or a related field is highly desirable.
Conditions of Employment
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment.
Successfully complete background check to obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.
Completion of a 10-panel drug screen for all substances deemed illegal by the Federal Government
Closing date September 30 @ 5:00 PST
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.