Website Ricondo & Associates, Inc.
Full-service aviation consulting firm
We are seeking a Planner to join Ricondo’s team of talented aviation consultants in our Chicago headquarters. Ricondo team members are passionate about working alongside airport management to solve the complex issues facing the aviation industry today. Our team provides strategic planning services to airports around the world, including operational and physical planning, master planning, environmental reviews, and business advisory services. No two airports are the same and no two projects are alike, so if you are a problem solver and lifelong learner, join our team and grow with us.
The Consultant/Senior Consultant is responsible for performing entry-level concept development, planning, and implementation of aviation programs, projects, and studies under the supervision of senior staff. Qualified candidate will possess a degree in Architecture, Engineering, Planning, or similar field. Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in documentation and presentation media to include but not limited to AutoCad and/or Revit, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint. Candidate must also demonstrate working knowledge of MS Excel. Prior experience with architecture, engineering, planning firm or similar is preferred but not required.
- Conducts field surveys, investigations, and collects data in support of airport planning studies.
- Consults with fellow employees and senior staff concerning the compilation, interpretation, and presentation of research data for airport planning studies.
- Performs capacity and requirements analysis of airport facilities, alternatives development, layout plans and graphics support.
- Prepares draft sections of reports and deliverables based on verbal and written input from others.
- Assists in developing, formatting, and publishing tables, charts, manuals, and maps that deal with existing and proposed airport planning studies.
- Provides input, technical assistance, and recommendations on airport planning studies.
- Develops and maintains electronic data sets, files, and troubleshoots existing programs.
- Responds to requests for data and information from internal staff and external clients.
- Performs related work in support of senior staff and project teams as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering, Architecture, and/or Planning.
- 0-5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in planning or related field.
- Possesses a familiarity with or passion for the aviation industry.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills
- Intellectual curiosity to learn, self-educate, and be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment on a variety of projects and tasks
- Proficient in a variety of analytical, production, and visualization software including but not limited to AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up or other visualization software, and Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Willingness to travel to support Ricondo’s, global project portfolio
- Prior in office experience with an architecture, engineering, planning firm or similar is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of best practices, methods, and principles utilized in strategic planning, infrastructure and facilities planning, and operational research
- Visualization and rendering skills
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and related tools including statistical, spreadsheet, database, simulation, and spatial/graphical analysis applications
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Highly organized
Competitive Benefits Package
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match depending on company performance
- 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Generous paid time-off program for sick leave and vacation time
- Company-paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Professional certification, licensure, and association membership funding
- Professional conferences and seminars
- On-demand access to training (Cornerstone eLearning)
- Internal workshops and webinars
- Short- and long-term disability insurance coverage
- Life insurance (survivor benefits)
- Team member referral bonus program
- Flexible spend accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Transit commuter benefit (based upon location)
Ricondo has served the aviation industry for over 30 years. Our team of nearly 160 consultants represent the brightest and most well-respected professionals in aviation today, working together to meet our clients’ needs with ideas, expertise, and transformative solutions. Advance your career with our talented team and help shape the built airport environment.
We strive to be a responsible business—one that adheres to high legal, moral, and ethical professional standards. Our pride is our people, as evidenced by our extremely competitive benefits. We are committed to equality and diversity, cross-disciplinary training, and staff development. We emphasize quality and accountability in a respectful, collaborative, and congenial environment.
Ricondo is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ricondo.com.