Rhode Island Airport Corporation
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO email@example.com.
Job Title: Manager, Engineering
Reports To: Assistant Vice President of Engineering
Status: Non-union; Exempt
Pay Grade: $90,000 – $110,000 annually
SUMMARY: Candidate will work within the Infrastructure Department that includes engineering, environmental, planning, and the information technology group. The Manger, Engineering, is integral in the coordination of airport engineering related activities at T.F. Green Airport (PVD), and the five Rhode Island general aviation airports that include North Central Airport (SFZ), Newport Airport (UUU), Quonset Airport (OQU), Westerly Airport (WST), and Block Island Airport (BID). This position will manage assigned projects to ensure that they are well implemented from design through construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project formulation and design.
· Develops project need and justification and prepares scope and budget.
· Provides preliminary schedule and cost estimates for proposed projects.
· Works to identify and verify funding sources for projects.
· Prepares and participates in the consultant selection process.
· Negotiates project scope and fee.
· Monitors development of plans and specifications and contract documents.
· Ensures adherence to financial, technical, scope definition and schedule requirements.
· Leads progress meetings and oversees project costs while ensuring quality of work.
· Reviews, tracks, and recommends payment of invoices.
· Resolves issues that arise during the project planning and design.
· Coordinates and informs internal and external stakeholders during project progression.
· Participates in the bidding process and develops contract addenda.
· Performs in-house design as required.
Project Implementation – Construction
· Communicates and coordinates progress with internal and external stakeholders.
· Disseminates timely information to obtain feedback and keep stakeholders informed.
· Manages construction administration, resident engineering and inspection teams.
· Troubleshoots and problem solves as issues arise.
· Ensures timely and accurate completion progress, construction, and financial reports.
· Reviews requests for payment, amendments, and change orders.
· Ensures compliance with permits and overall construction/contract documents.
· Negotiates change orders and recommends solutions.
· Tracks and ensures timely response to shop drawing submittals.
· Monitor work for safety, quality, cost, schedule, cleanliness and impact to operations.
· Ensures proper commissioning and closeout.
· Provides liaison and distributes information with stakeholders as required.
The above tasks are representative of typical work however, are not all inclusive. Other duties will be performed as assigned.
· Degree in Civil Engineering. Three (3) years’ of airport experience (public or private) with Bachelor’s degree, two (2) years’ of airport experience (public or private) with Masters’ degree.
· Registered Professional Engineer in Rhode Island or have the ability to obtain Rhode Island license.
· Experience in management of public agency projects is desirable.
· Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) advisory circulars and orders, as well as environmental processes and permitting required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong commitment to the RIAC mission, vision and strategy, including goals focusing on six key areas: Infrastructure, Economic Development, Finance, Customer Service, Communication and Organization.
· Proven success in the areas of job responsibility and have a collaborative management style.
· Ability to effectively communicate, including strong written and verbal communication skills, is required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required and AutoCAD and Microsoft Project desired.
· Ability to reason logically; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to effectively interact with people in a positive manner; ability to apply technical knowledge; ability to apply information in stressful situations; ability to deal simultaneously with several problems; ability to comprehend complex problems and reach reasonable conclusions; ability to use mental skills to recall, analyze, and organize information and make complex decisions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Travel to airports by car, helicopter or ferry.
· Ability to walk around the airfield, airport and construction sites for inspection purposes.
· Typing and computing, staring at a computer monitor, and prolonged sitting, close attention to detail.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid driver’s license, pass an annual locally administered airfield driving test, and be able to successfully clear a background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Climate controlled office environment.
· Outdoors, exposed to elements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org