Website Rhode Island Airport Corporation
Job Title: Assistant Vice President Airport Operations and Maintenance
Department: Operations and Facilities
Reports To: Vice President Operations and Maintenance
Status: Non-union; Exempt
Pay Grade: $105,000-$130,000 annually
SUMMARY: To provide operational and functional management for Aeronautics, Airfield Operations, Airfield Maintenance, and Automotive and Heavy Equipment Maintenance at T.F. Green Airport (PVD), and the five (5) general aviation airports in the State of Rhode Island that include North Central Airport (SFZ), Newport Airport (UUU), Quonset Airport (OQU), Westerly Airport (WST), and Block Island Airport (BID).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide operational and functional level planning and decisions relating to the inspection, maintenance, and repair of airfield facilities and public safety activities for each of the airports.
· Provide operational and functional level management oversight for each of the General Aviation airports owned by the State of RI.
· Coordinates and supervises snow removal efforts on airfields and at airport facilities. Coordinates with the Fixed Base Operators, tenants, airlines, to provide optimum level of service at all six airports.
· Ensure compliance of the FAR Part 139, Airport Certification Manual (ACM), and applicable FAA Advisory Circulars as they relate to the operation of T.F. Green Airport. Provides assurances that the team will provide zero discrepancies operations to ensure full compliance with Part 139 Inspection.
· Ensure compliance of the Uniform Aeronautical Regulatory Act as it relates to aeronautical activities within the State of Rhode Island.
· Manage the program for registration of all aircraft within the State of Rhode Island.
· Manage the program for community complaints relating to aeronautical activities. Visit the GA airports several times a month to ensure “boots on the ground” approach to customer service.
· Ensure that each of the airports maintain compliance with applicable state and federal wildlife permits.
· Interact with federal and state government agencies.
· Provides and implements plans for both Spring (May) and Fall (September) planting for landscaping on airport grounds.
· Oversee and assist in the development of annual departmental budgets.
· Approve department spending in accordance with State procurement rules and regulations.
· Establish and ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
· Attend and participate in public meetings with various community stakeholders including but not limited to residents, airport tenants, political leaders and pilots.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Directly supervises the Director of Airport Operations and Chief Aeronautics Inspector.
· Approve personal, vacation, sick time and payroll for all departmental employees.
· Responsible for the hiring, training, disciplinary action, and providing performance appraisals for all RIAC departmental employees.
· Coach, counsel and challenge employees regarding performance expectations of their position.
· Bachelor’s degree in aviation, business management, public administration, or related field.
· Minimum of five years airport operations experience at FAR 139 airport.
· Supervisory experience required.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
· Experience working with Union’s strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Travel to airports by car, aircraft or ferry.
· May need to work and stay awake for extended hours during emergency situations.
· Ability to drive and walk around the airfield.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Climate controlled office environment. Outdoor exposure in various climate and weather conditions while performing essential functions of this job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com