The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority (RTAA) is an organization on the MOVE. With a new President/CEO, a new mission, and a commitment, we are doing great things everyday as the economic engine for the Reno-Tahoe region. We are looking for an Airport Operations professional to join our team as an Airport Duty Manager (ADM). If you’ve got jet fuel running through your veins, if you want to be at the heart of our high-functioning team, if you want to touch all things airfield every day, then opportunity is knocking on your door.
The Airport Duty Manager (ADM) is a key member of the Operations & Public Safety team with a laser focus on safety and efficiency. Reporting to the Manager of Airport Operations, ADMs are responsible for the on-going coverage, oversight, coordination integration, and communication of all airfield, and after hours terminal and landside operations and activities at the Reno-Tahoe International Airport. You will also monitor weather, wildlife activity, and movement of aircraft. You will open and close airport movement areas as conditions warrant; issue Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs); coordinate snow removal activities; and respond to any and all irregular occurrences including emergency situations. And, you will act as the highest-level of management authority in the absence of Senior Leader Management.
There is one (1) position open; however, the list established may also be used to fill future vacancies as they occur. Both internal and external applicants will be considered. Applicants must be available to work all shifts (day, swing, and graveyard) 7 days a week – including holidays. To be considered for this position, applicants must indicate they are available for day, swing and night shifts (all three), and must check the appropriate boxes under availability on the RTAA online application.
All applicants must have an excellent track record and have demonstrated the ability to understand, interpret, explain and apply laws, regulations, ordinances and policies applicable to the safety, security and operations of a commercial airport; the skill to use sound judgment and discretion in determining optimal strategies; the capability to act decisively in irregular operational circumstances and/or emergency situations to ensure safety and operational efficiency; and the experience to identify and implement innovative and efficient solutions. You will also possess excellent business communication skills and the ability to foster and maintain effective working relationships. Is this you? Please apply!
Examples of Duties:
· Monitor and inspect airfield, terminal and landside operations and activities during an assigned shift to in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, including Part 139, the Airport Certification Manual, the Airport Emergency Plan, the Airport Security Plan, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Part 1542, and any other applicable regulations, directives, rules, policies or procedures, focusing on safety and efficiency.
· Oversee, manage, and execute the RTAA’s self-inspection program, maintaining records of discrepancies, monitor the remediation of non-compliant items, and document corrective action taken and when completed, in accordance with 14 CFR 139 and 150 Series Advisory Circulars.
· Provide on-going monitoring of airfield conditions, runways, taxiways, ramps, safety areas and the safety of aircraft operations, including the monitoring and mitigation of wildlife hazards, weather and snow removal activities, and issue appropriate communications such as Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs), and open and close movement areas as conditions warrant.
· Maintain records and Daily Operations Report (DOR).
· Perform inspections of terminal areas for deficiencies, cleanliness, safe movement and monitor security checkpoints and international arrivals for passenger efficiency.
· Perform inspections of baggage areas for discrepancies, safety issues and make the appropriate corrections to conditions.
· Enforce violations of RTAA Rules and Regulations by issuing citations and educating offenders.
· Perform routine inspections of RTAA premises to monitor tenant compliance with lease terms, and notify the Airport Economic Development Department to have the violation corrected.
· Perform functions essential for the mitigation of wildlife hazards, which can include the use of firearms in accordance with the USDA and NDOW Depredation Permits.
· Review construction project design plans for compliance with 14 CFR 139 and related Advisory Circular design and safety standards; monitor monitoring airfield construction and maintenance activities for impacts on airfield operations and the safety of aircraft operations, and issue appropriate communications (e.g., NOTAMs).
Required Education: Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in aviation management, public administration, business administration, or a closely related field. An equivalent combination of directly related airport safety, security, and operations experience and training may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis (e.g., one year of full-time experience will be considered equivalent to thirty (30) semester or (45) quarter units of college course work).
Required Experience: Four (4) years of full-time, increasingly responsible experience in an aviation environment (i.e., airport, airbase, commercial aviation, and/or fixed base operations).
Required Licensing: A valid driver’s license is required at the time of application and incumbent must maintain a valid driver’s license thereafter as a condition of continuing employment.
Incumbent must obtain an Airport Security Coordinator certification within the first year of employment and maintain such certification thereafter as a condition of continuing employment.
Incumbent must complete RTAA airfield driver training within the first thirty (30) days of employment and maintain such training thereafter as a condition of continuing employment.
Entry Salary: $72,505 – $91,357 annually, with opportunity for additional merit-based increases up to a range maximum of $110,208 annually. Initial salary placement will be based upon experience and qualifications. This is a management, at-will position, which is salaried and is exempt from overtime.
Benefits: The RTAA offers a competitive wage and benefit package, and provides a high-quality work-life balance. Employee benefits include 100% employer paid contributions to the Nevada PERS retirement program; 100% employer paid health insurance for the employee; paid vacation and sick leave; 14 paid holidays per year; and tuition reimbursement – just to name a few!
How To Apply: A fully completed official online RTAA Employment Application must be received by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, September 12, 2021. Applications for RTAA jobs are only accepted through an online process. To view full details and requirements about this opportunity or to apply, visit: http://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/renoairport
Pre-Employment Requirements: The RTAA requires each candidate to successfully complete employment history verification prior to being considered for employment. All employment offers are subject to successful completion/passing of a drug-screening test, a fingerprint criminal history records check, and security badging test.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com