Website Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority
We Move You!
Who are we? The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority (RTAA) is an organization on the MOVE, with new leadership, new focus, and a new commitment. We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Financial Analyst or Sr. Financial Analyst to join our award-winning Finance team take on what’s next as our organization expands to meet the needs of our growing community. We are governed by a nine-member Board of Trustees, operate as a business, and receive no local tax dollars to fund operations. The Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) generates a total estimated annual economic impact of over $3 billion. The airport functions like a small city with over 2,400 employees working for a variety of companies. 275 of those work directly for RTAA. It takes the dedication and service of all these employees working together to make this the great organization that it is.
Who are you? You are someone who is able to understand the numbers and then tell the story about them. Whether you produce Board reports or work on the development of the annual budget document, you are painting a vivid and interesting picture of where we’ve been and where we are going. You are undaunted by a specialized industry and the complex system in which we operate. You are computer savvy, a great communicator, a confident professional, and a generous teammate. You can see the big picture but are comfortable with details, accuracy, and in getting the job done with both precision and flair.
Definition: In this role you will perform highly technical analytical, finance, and accounting work in support of the RTAA’s general accounting and budgetary system including financial, statistical, budgetary, and operational analysis as well as the preparation and/or review of financial plans, budgets, operations, and organization.
Examples of What You Will Do
- Assist in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of department and RTAA wide budgets.
- Assist with the calculation of airport rates and charges.
- Develop reports, review, summarize, analyze, monitor, and track actual performance against budget.
- Analyze financial, budgetary, operational data; develop and articulate sound, logical and fact-based conclusions.
- Prepare monthly financial operating statements and dashboard provided to senior leadership and the Board of Trustees.
- Participate in the development and implementation of financial programs, systems, procedures, and methods of operation.
- Assist with accounting, financial, budgeting, and other business process improvements, internal controls and maintaining accurate financial records.
- Develop and utilize financial models, business intelligence reports, databases and other computer applications required to carry out assigned studies, projects, and reports; perform a variety of special projects and analyses as assigned.
- Participate in the writing and development of the annual budget document.
- Assist with the management of RTAA’s risk management program, including property and liability insurance requirements.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Salary: $64,000 – $90,000 annually with opportunity for merit-based increases up to a maximum of $110,000. The Financial Analyst or Senior Financial Analyst job classification and initial salary placement will be based upon experience and qualifications. This is a salaried position and is exempt from overtime.
Benefits: The RTAA offers a competitive wage and benefit package and provides a high-quality work-life balance. Employee benefits include 100% employer paid contributions to the Nevada PERS retirement program; 100% employer paid health insurance for the employee; paid vacation and sick leave; 14 paid holidays per year; tuition reimbursement; a flexible work arrangement policy, and more.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in finance, accounting, or statistics. Plus:
- Three (3) years of full-time, increasingly responsible, complex analytical experience, which involved the direct collection, compilation, and analysis of financial, budgetary, or operational data.
- Required Licensing: A valid driver’s license is required at the time of application.
- COVID-19: Proof of vaccination is required at time of hire.
How To Apply:
A fully completed official online RTAA Employment Application must be received by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, October 24, 2021. Applications for RTAA jobs are only accepted through an online process. For more information about this opportunity and to apply, visit: governmentjobs.com/careers/renoairport.
The RTAA Employment Application is the primary screening tool to determine an applicant’s qualifications. A resume may be submitted in addition to, but not in lieu of, completing the RTAA Employment Application. While you may submit a resume, it is supplemental and will not be used to determine whether or not you have met the minimum qualifications. All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your RTAA Employment Application.
We strongly encourage applicants to review our online application instructions, available at the top of the RTAA Employment webpage before submitting the application. Below is a summary of our requirements:
- Complete all sections on the RTAA Employment Application.
- Provide detailed information to address how you meet and/or exceed minimum qualifications.
- Provide a minimum of five (5) years of employment history.
- Explain any gaps in employment of six (6) months or more within the “Work History” section. To explain gaps, add a new employer, write what was occurring under the “Name of Employer” (e.g., unemployed, student, etc.), and list dates. Please note, a statement in the “Reason for Leaving Section” is not sufficient to address gaps in employment.
- If you had more than one (1) position with the same employer, list each position, and the time you were in that position, separately.
Questions about the application, recruitment, and/or selection process, the physical demands of the position, or requests for a reasonable accommodation, should be addressed to the RTAA People Operations Office at (775) 328-6450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection Process: After submission, the application will be reviewed to determine if it is complete and if minimum qualifications are met. For those applicants found to meet minimum qualifications, the next step of the process will be an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information regarding education and experience to enable evaluation of the application.
Interview Process: Based on the application evaluation process, only the most qualified applicants will be considered for an interview. The interview process may include an initial panel interview, followed by subsequent assessment exercises to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks and/or employment interviews with other RTAA personnel.
Pre-Employment Requirements: The RTAA requires each candidate to successfully complete employment history verification prior to being considered for employment. All employment offers are subject to successful completion/passing of a drug-screening test, a fingerprint criminal history records check, and an Airport Security Badging test.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com