Website Raleigh Durham Airport Authority
Airport Communications Center Manager
Learn more about what it’s like to be a member of Team RDU!
Are you ready to join an exciting, growing, and well-established organization that honors leadership, integrity, teamwork, excellence, and respect, rewards achievements, and fosters career growth? If so, RDU Airport Authority, a medium-sized airport, could be your next and best career move. Our organization offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and collaboration. Take the next step and see what RDU is all about!
The Airport Communications Center Manager supports the Emergency Operations of the Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority. This position manages the operation, training, and personnel of the Authority’s Airport Communications Center (ACC). This role will develop, and monitor policies, procedures, and protocols utilized by the Telecommunicators who staff the ACC and take the lead in the planning, technical design, implementation, and future enhancements of the ACC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
• Manages the operation, training, and personnel of the Airport Communications Center
• Plans, directs, organizes, monitors, supervises, and evaluates the communications center section assuring 24/7 communications coverage for routine calls and emergency situations
• Manages the administration of the airport’s 800 MHz radio system
• Conducts staff meetings to inform and coordinate various projects and procedural changes, organizational and departmental goals and objectives in order to facilitate joint information sharing and team building
• Ensures emergency phone directories are current and up to date
• Develops protocol procedures for transcribing telephone, radio, and video recordings of incidents and emergencies
• Develops, updates, and maintains policies and procedures
• Develops and updates notification procedures for both non-emergency and emergency situations
• Recommends new hires, trains, and evaluates Telecommunications staff; makes and implements personnel decisions in accordance with Human Resource policies; assures continued professional education and certifications of staff
• Assist with planning, conducting & evaluating tabletop, functional, and/or full-scale emergency and disaster management training and exercises
• Develops and conducts training for employees
• Participates in emergency and disaster readiness community outreach events
• Assists with the development and implementation of internal emergency management initiatives, programs, and special assignments
• Analyze IT initiatives, systems, and programs to make improvements, modifications, and procedures for emergency mass notification and public address systems
• As required, supports the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during planned events and disaster response including but not limited to aircraft accidents and incidents, local/regional/national disasters, and security threats
• Coordinates emergency management matters with users, tenants, and government agencies
• Act as project manager for important organizational initiatives and priorities within area of responsibility
• Develop and maintain various emergency plans pertaining to the response and recovery of the airport during natural or man-made disasters
• In coordination with Director of Emergency Operations and Human Resources, makes and implements personnel decisions; assures continued professional education and certifications of staff
• Develops and recommends budget; performs purchasing and other administrative duties for the Center; assures equipment upgrades
• Maintains continued awareness of new regulations that may affect the Airport and incorporates into airport emergency, safety, and security plans; assures the development of revised policies and training of staff
• Works with other Airport departments to assure appropriate communications responses between service units and with the public
• Performs other duties as required
Hiring Range: Minimum $82,662.23 to Maximum – Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Emergency Management Public Administration, Computer Science, or related field
• Experience: A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience as an Airport Communications Center Operator/ Dispatcher or supervisory experience in a 911 Center Dispatcher involving emergency radio communications and public safety dispatch
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Must hold a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) certification or be able to be certified by the State of North Carolina as a DCI Operator within 12 months following appointment to this position.
• Completion of Incident Command System (ICS) classes (100, 200, 700, and 800) within 12 months following appointment to this position.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
• Communication Center & 800 MHz radio operations
• Airport safety requirements and ability to observe and use sound judgment in assessment and corrective actions
• Safety and security policies, practices, and procedures as related to Airport operations
• Methods, materials, and resources necessary to operate an Airport Communications Center
• Considerable knowledge of management, budget, and personnel practices and principles
• Oral and written communications
• Problem solving and analytical ability
• Team building
• Change management
• Create, plan, design, implement and manage an operational airport public safety, security, maintenance, and operations communications center
• Analyze data relating to telecommunications problems and equipment to make necessary corrections or recommend new or revised telecommunication equipment
• Develop procedures, techniques, and instruction material for the proper use of communications facilities and systems
• Coordinate with the interdepartmental staff concerned with shared communications facilities and systems
• Operate telephone, radio, and computer communications equipment
• Analyze, interpret, and enforce laws, rules, regulations, policies, and practices in a tactful and courteous manner
• Use sound judgment and react quickly and appropriately in crisis and emergency situations
At RDU, you’re not just a blip on the radar. We appreciate you and care about your health, happiness, and future. Here’s a snapshot of our awesome benefits!
• Work-Life Harmony
o Paid Vacation Leave
o Paid Sick Leave
o 11 Paid Holidays
o Flexible Holiday Options
• Health and Wellness
o Comprehensive Wellness Program
o On-site Fitness Classes & Employee Fitness Center Access
o Health Savings Account (HSA) – with matching employer contributions
o Flexible Spending Accounts – medical and dependent care options
o Opportunities for employer-paid or discounted insurance plans
• Financial Wellness
o Tuition assistance and career development
o Shift Differential pay
o 401(k) plan, Traditional and Roth options – with matching employer contributions
o 457(b) plan, Traditional and Roth options
o NC Pension Retirement Pan
o Employee Discounts – cell phone plans, RDU Airport Terminal stores, and restaurants
The work environment and exposures described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Work is generally performed indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. May on occasion be exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels, such as from office equipment or overhead aircraft.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Positions in this class typically require manual dexterity, talking, hearing, seeing, reaching, walking, keying, grasping, and repetitive motions.
• The position involves light physical demands, such as exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com