Website Port of Seattle
Posting Expires: Dec 18, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
Minimum Salary: 106,621.00
Midpoint Salary: 133,286.00
Some of what you’ll be doing:
As the Senior Development Manager in our Aviation Capital Programs department, you will be responsible in developing projects and programs to accomplish the rolling 5-year capital plan that aligns with Aviation Division goals and priorities and to represent the Airport’s interests. You will also work with stakeholders to establish clear expectations and requirements and identifies and resolves potential conflicts to ensure that projects/programs meet the intended objectives.
- You will lead teams of internal and consultant resources in the development of requirements and scope for large and complex capital projects including projects exceeding $1B.
- You will oversee the development of the conceptual design, project scope/definition, cost estimate and other engineering deliverables necessary to adequately evaluate alternatives for action.
- You will analyze response to requirements, feasibility, impact, and cost/benefit of alternatives to identify and recommend a preferred alternative.
- You will identify appropriate funding sources and associated requirements, or restrictions associated with those funding methods.
- You will present findings and brief or seek authorization from airport leadership and the Port Commission for capital projects.
- You will represent the executive sponsor with an airport-wide perspective and acts as champion to facilitate successful delivery of large, complex, and critical projects.
- You will present updates and authorization requests to airport leadership and Port Commission.
- You will develop and fosters relationships and teamwork with project managers, engineering staff and key stakeholders to ensure productive relationships and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- You will resolve pre-construction project issues by resolving differences of opinion, conflicts in schedules, and disagreements over the most efficient approach to the plan and design of new or renovated facilities.
- You will ensure the design and delivery of the project progresses in alignment with original intent and division strategies and goals.
- You will provide feedback on status and issues reports and ensure critical information reaches appropriate stakeholders.
- You will coordinate across planned, proposed, and active projects to minimize conflicts during construction or with future conditions.
- You will analyze and monitor short- and long-term plans, goals, and objectives to ensure projects are proposed and advanced to achieve the Division’s priorities and goals.
- You will prepare for and facilitate discussions through all levels of the Airport including Commission on providing updates, education, and information on the Capital Plan.
Who you are:
Two years of experience may be substituted for one year of education:
- Experienced – You have seven (7) years of experience in engineering, planning, facility management, financial analysis, development or project management at an industrial or campus facility.
- Educated – You possess a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, urban studies, planning, architecture, business administration, project management or other related field.
- Desired – We hope you have Master’s degree and ten (10) years of experience in engineering, planning, facility management, financial analysis, development or project management at a large hub airport.
- Committed to Equity – You will apply equity and exemplify shared values, behaviors, and practices in all aspects of the work. At the Port of Seattle, equity is a daily responsibility and a foundational expectation for all Port employees.
- Capital Programs – You ensure timely and on-budget completion of individual program elements, while maintaining continuity of operations and you are focused on staff development and leading diverse teams towards common strategic goals.
- Leader – You can lead through change, decision-making and problem-solving skills to deliver successful, complex projects.
- Effective Communication – You have effective communication and interpersonal skills, including persuasion and negotiation skills, teambuilding, and consensus building.
- Relationship Builder – You have well-developed conflict resolution and facilitation skills including working effectively with people at all levels of the organization and elected officials.
What else you need to know:
- Driver’s License – You will need a valid Washington State Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain one, is required in order to travel locally to project sites.
- Work Schedule – Your normal work schedule will be Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (40 hours per week). Slightly more flexible start and end times are available in this role.
- Work Environment – You will primarily work in an office environment.
- Washington State Residency Requirement – Employees must establish a residence in Washington state within 30 days of their first day of employment and must maintain a residence in Washington State during their employment with the Port of Seattle. If a position is eligible to telework, work performed while teleworking must be performed in Washington State.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement – Effective, November 15, 2021, the Port of Seattle will require that at the time of hire, and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be able to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status, as part of the hiring process. This is a condition of employment for all positions at the Port of Seattle. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Prior to employment, candidates may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
- Safety Requirements – You will be required to comply with all work rules, safety, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Security Requirements – As the successful candidate, you must pass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) background check as well as a criminal history background check with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Your employment will be contingent upon obtaining a Port of Seattle ID badge upon clearance. You will also be required to obtain a U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Customs Seal within 30 days of hire.
To apply for this job please visit aa243.taleo.net.