Website Port of Oakland / Oakland International Airport
AVIATION SUPERVISING MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS REPRESENTATIVE
Salary: $12,032 – $14,904 per month, 37.5-hr work week
Your Port. Your Community. Your Career.
When you join the Port of Oakland, you become part of a proud local legacy, an organization that touches virtually every resident with its services and programs. The Port of Oakland oversees the Oakland seaport, Oakland International Airport and 20 miles of waterfront. The Oakland seaport is in the top 10 busiest container ports in the U.S.; Oakland International Airport is the second largest San Francisco Bay Area airport offering over 300 daily passenger and cargo flights; and the Port’s real estate includes commercial developments such as Jack London Square and hundreds of acres of public parks and conservation areas.
Oakland International Airport (OAK) is the main airport for the greater San Francisco East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike.
OAK currently has an exciting career opportunity for an Aviation Supervising Marketing & Communications Representative. Reporting to the Aviation Marketing Manager, the Aviation Supervising Marketing & Communications Representative facilitates marketing operations toward the execution of strategic and tactical plans with the goal of attracting passengers and airlines to Oakland International Airport.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Oversee the work of hired consultants; write consultant contracts; communicate the airport’s marketing strategy to the consultants; approve/ disapprove expenditures made by consultants; and compose and submit letters to the Board of Port Commissioners for approval of consultant contracts.
· Assign, direct and evaluate assigned professional and support staff.
· Develop graphics, brochures and collateral material for use at airline meetings and conferences.
· Analyze, develop, implement and evaluate airport communications programs to create and maintain a positive image for the Airport among its constituents.
· Act as a customer advocate by addressing such issues as complaints about services, complaints about the impact of construction and expansion programs at the Airport, and concerns from Airport neighbors about the impacts of Airport operations.
· Provide analytical reporting in support of the execution of short- and long-range market strategies and strategic initiatives toward achieving specific market objectives.
· Prepare reports and participate in passenger and cargo carrier sales calls.
· Report routinely on traffic trends locally, globally and domestically.
· Develop and present business case presentations to airline staff.
· Direct and oversee contract consulting firms and authorize expenditures.
· Manage the preparation of budget requests and business plans and administer approved departmental budget.
· Interview, select, supervise, develop, counsel and if necessary, terminate subordinates in accordance with established policies.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
This examination is open to persons who have a combination of education and experience that would reflect possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities for the position. A typical combination would include the following:
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, business administration or a related field.
Experience: Five years of demonstrated work experience directly associated with airline route economics, including route planning experience at an airline, as an airline or airport consultant, or similar experience in the Aviation industry.
Must be available for on-call duty as required in emergency situations or to ensure uninterrupted Port Operations.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The Port’s compensation and benefit program ranks among the best in the region for public jurisdictions and is designed to reward performance and promote a balanced lifestyle, both at the workplace and away from the workplace, for our employees and their families. The Port is committed to the health and well-being of its employees and has been recognized as a FIT-Friendly Employer by the American Heart Association. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 457 plan and paid leave. The Port offers retiree medical benefits for employees and dependents after 10 years of CALPERS service (including 5 years at the Port).
To apply for this exceptional opportunity or obtain more details, please visit us at https://www.portofoakland.com/business/job-center/. Apply by January 28, 2022 at 5:00 PM.
The Port of Oakland is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com