The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking a high energy strategic leader who has demonstrated strong communication, planning and execution skills with a passion for excellence and understands the importance of parking on the passenger and visitor experience.
Reporting to the Deputy Aviation Commercial Officer, the Manager, Airport Parking will lead a diverse team for the development and management of the airport parking program at JFK, EWR, LGA and SWF airports.
The team, led by the Manager, will maximize revenue while sustaining and elevating the customer experience, drive strategic change and maximize available resources to implement global best practices for operational excellence.
· Develop and manage a comprehensive parking revenue program strategy, including the use of analytics, dynamic pricing, pre-booking, e-commerce/communication systems, the Revenue Management System (RMS), and advertising/marketing.
· Develop and implement department and agency initiatives to elevate the passenger experience and drive operational excellence. Make strategic recommendations to management to employ best practices.
· Manage and oversee all commercial parking operations at EWR, JFK, LGA and SWF, including multi facility parking related contract administration. Manage business relationships with operators and contractors.
· Prepare and proactively manage the commercial parking operations budget and long-range forecast. Monitor revenues and expenses, evaluate performance, and identify trends. Collect, analyze, and report data, including key performance indicators to assist in making data driven decisions or recommendations.
· Respond to data requests from internal and external stakeholders by analyzing and assembling customized data analysis and visualizations as appropriate. Produce analytical products such as dashboards, white papers, and reports as necessary.
· Complete the full implementation of the $65 million Parking Access and Revenue Control System (PARCS) Replacement capital program. Manage Port Authority and contract staff on the installation of infrastructure and deployment of the system within the parking facilities and coordinate training for users of the system.
· Coordinate with airport redevelopment programs and parking stakeholders for the successful management of parking and airport access during construction, disruptions, and operational changes. Provide parking best practices input during airport redevelopment design exercises.
· Direct management of two, Band 3, Port Authority staff ensuring airport parking efforts align with current and future needs of the department. Oversight of contract staff located at the airports.
· Engage with Port Authority Audit Department to support contract, revenue and technical audits of parking contracts, systems, and procedures.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Economics, Planning, Transportation, Engineering, Public Administration or closely related field from an accredited college or university. 10 years of experience in Airport Parking Management or Strategic Marketing will be considered in lieu of a degree.
· 5+ years of work experience in with airport parking operations, aviation operations, ground transportation, marketing analytics, or related business field
· 3+ years of work experience leading teams, with the ability to manage, develop, and motivate diverse teams to perform at their highest level
· Strong Excel skills including VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMIF, etc.
· Master’s Degree in Aviation, Economics, Planning, Transportation, Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
· Demonstrated problem-solving, critical/strategic thinking, and decision-making skills
· Three (3) or more years in project management with experience providing oversite of projects and/or contracted personnel or direct reports
· Experience translating raw information into actionable strategies and initiatives that include marketing programs and pricing strategies
· Ability to influence others without authority and collaborate effectively across the organization
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
· Strong and effective written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Robust understanding of analytical methods (e.g., statistics, regression analysis, econometric forecasting)
· Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Microsoft Power BI), specifically in creating reports to obtain and manipulate data and ability to identify errors when scanning reports or viewing data entry screens
· Thorough knowledge of procurement processes and experience in preparing, negotiating, and managing multiple service contracts and programs
· Working knowledge of airport terminals and ground transportation operations
· Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures, including those related to administration, budgeting, human capital recruitment, and business planning
· Experience in delivering customer service and customer communication programs in any transportation-related environment, or equivalent consumer volume
· Knowledge of DHS, FAA, and airline regulations
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit www.jointheportauthority.com.