Piedmont Triad Airport Authority
This position performs professional level duties in all aspects of commercial and airline property management, concession management, and related contract administration, through interaction with existing and potential Authority tenants and Authority staff. This position plans, directs, organizes, and supervises the property and concessions management and lease contract management functions for the Authority. This includes assurance of tenant insurance coverage, lease management, land appraisals and purchases. It also includes concession customer service monitoring and compliance activities and analysis and approval of price changes. Work is under general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer and is reviewed through conferences and review of reports and records for proper administration of the assigned programs.
- Initiates and coordinates planning and negotiation of leases and agreements with current and prospective tenants; advises and offers recommendations to CFO, COO, CLO and CEO regarding acceptance and proposals of leases and agreements
- Serves as primary contact and resource person for tenants of all types, i.e. airline, commercial and concession; monitors payment processes, rental adjustments dates, options, and other information; maintains accurate files of tenants leases, contracts and corresponds with tenants; maintains fully developed computer file on each tenant
- Incorporates business development activities with the day-to-day management of contracts through coordination with the Executive Staff
- Ability to serve as the Authority’s liaison and tenant advocate to resolve conflicting interests and ensure optimal solutions acceptable to all parties in a timely manner
- Supports the airport’s key airline relationships and management of airport/airline business issues
- Provides input on key decisions regarding airport/airline leases
- Thorough knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures for a professional property rental, and tenant program in an airport environment.
- Interacts with tenants on an ‘as-needed’ basis
- Monitors tenant construction activities
- Works with the Finance Department on changes to lease agreements related to billing and collections
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department heads, governmental officials, tenants, insurance agents, other Authority employees, and the general public
- Maintains inventory of lease space; markets this space; performs studies to determine the development and growth of the Authority’s real estate
- Tracks relevant dates and deadlines in leases, contracts, bids; shows property and prepares leases for Authority facilities; writes, amends and administers related contracts
- Monitors tenant business activities and verifies operating practices are consistent with lease agreement
- Responds to tenant requests, including initiating work orders; adding, amending and terminating tenant contracts, including facility and financial checkout procedures.
- Initiates and receives property appraisals; prepares property acquisition recommendations
- Develops and administers short-term commercial facility use agreements, e.g. facility or land use activities such as commercials and movies
- Assures tenants provide and keep current evidence of insurance coverage i/a/w lease terms
- Participates in the selection, development, implementation, and maintenance of lease management software
- Routinely utilizes, updates and reports via the Property Management System (currently ABRM) for tenant and internal lease management purposes
- Receives, processes, and tracks tenant facility improvement requests in coordination with Authority management and staff
- Formalizes property management policies as necessary
- Issues special use facility or property permits for non-commercial activities such as solicitation, surveying and picketing
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, property management, real estate, airport/aviation management, finance or related field; 5 or more of increasingly responsible property management (preferably airport) experience, or a combination of equivalent related training, education and work experience. Experience using property and contract management software applications, preparing commercial real estate leases, and drafting business letters required.
Employment preference is given for property management credentials such as CPM, ACoM or similar
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org