Website Philadelphia International Airport
The Director, Commercial Parking and Ground Transportation oversees the commercial strategy for Philadelphia Airport System’s parking portfolio across all product categories. In this role, the Director will ensure that the ways in which passengers and guests access Philadelphia International Airport, whether arriving via car, rideshare, taxi or shuttle, is a driver of customer satisfaction while driving revenue and profit for the airport.
The Director manages the commercial strategy and operations of a portfolio of airport access products. This includes PHL’s onsite parking products (a 12,000-space garage and an almost-2,000-space uncovered parking lot). In addition to ensuring successful day-to-day parking operations, the Director will also lead, in coordination with the Chief Revenue Officer or designee, the high-level strategy and roadmap for the parking program and pricing models.
The Director will be the conductor who brings together all stakeholders critical to the parking program’s success. This includes supervising critical parking contracts, such as the parking and shuttle bus operators, as well as coordinating parking support from cross-functional teams including Landside Operations, Technology, Marketing/Product, Finance, Capital Development, Facilities, and Properties.
In this role, you’ll be relentlessly focused on delivering the best possible Parking & Ground Transportation program for our passengers and business partners. You will manage and evolve a parking program that satisfies passenger demand, evolves with changing passenger behavior, and operates efficiently.
Daily, you may be:
· Spot checking parking operations, ensuring that passengers are easily and quickly able to enter, find parking and exit the facilities.
· Reviewing an audit of parking fees and claims with the Finance team.
· Reviewing the previous month’s customer service performance, and providing feedback to, PHL’s parking operator.
· Giving feedback to a technology partner on new solutions designed to improve the guest parking experience.
· Reviewing upcoming pre-bookings and communicating upcoming demand; making decisions about allowing onsite parking.
· Partnering with a Business Analyst to create a forecast for demand and analyzing the previous month’s sales data to uncover potential future impacts or needs.
· Sharing capacity updates with the Communications team that ensure that passengers have the ability to easily navigate parking options.
Vision + Roadmap
· Leads parking goal setting and planning sessions, to ensure that parking capacity and operations align with airport mission, vision, values and goals.
· Prepare and manage department budget; Partner with finance to prepare and present financial reports for department; Directs cost control activities.
· Partner with Marketing/Product and Properties teams to ensure that parking footprint, facilities and products are optimized based on passenger need/demand.
· Manage RFP processes and contracts for all parking operator, revenue control, and parking-related bus shuttle systems.
· Evaluate performance of contracted partners
- Reviews, measures success of, and provides feedback to key operators while guiding performance.
- Ensure that exceptional customer service is delivered through partners.
· Provide input to all planning and construction related to the airport’s public garage and surface parking lots.
· Partner with Marketing/Product team in parking-related sales revenue, implement and leverage new tools for pricing optimization (including cost controls), seek out innovation, and improve customer loyalty by delivering exceptional parking experiences.
· Analyze and provide feedback to partners on measurement voice of customer feedback, including onsite customer assists and communications, leaving passengers with the best possible experience.
· Works cross-functionally with representatives from other airport departments to develop commercial parking options that offer enhanced customer services and drive parking revenue.
· Develops relationships with the aviation industry, the local community and current/potential business partners.
· Develops, manages, and standardizes parking policy across facilities. Works collaboratively to ensure compliance with parking revenue control and audit processes.
· Delivers executive-level briefings on parking strategy recommendations as well as revenue/contractual performance.
· Provides input for all parking-related capital and operating budget decisions to include facility enhancements and construction planning.
· In partnership with the Office of Technology, advises on the capabilities and functions of the Parking Access Revenue Control System and other parking related software. Stays current with emerging technology trends while driving selection and implementation of solutions and innovations critical to the customer experience.
· Keeps abreast of conditions, trends, innovations, and practices that may have implications for on-site parking demand.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field from an accredited university required; MBA or other relevant advanced degree and certifications preferred.
· Minimum of 5-7 years of management or supervisory experience in a mid or large-hub airport system, or a large-scale parking program consisting of multiple sites, ideally in a travel- related business with both physical and digital elements.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Developing and managing a budget, including making cost control decisions.
Skill in developing pricing models and projections for parking operations.
Track record of success managing vendors in delivering exceptional service to customers.
Strong organizational and project-management skills.
Excellent stakeholder management experience, working both internally and externally.
Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
Experience with contract negotiation.
Sound analytical and financial capabilities.
Commercial aptitude, experience working to sales and cost targets.
Ability to understand necessary trade-offs between cost, service standards, and revenue generation.
Licenses, Registrations and/or Certificates
Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator’s license as issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to appointment and during tenure of employment.
Must be able to pass and maintain SIDA (Security Identification Display Area) and AOA (Airfield Operations Area) clearance.
To apply for this job please visit www.smartrecruiters.com.