Manages, operates and develops YOW's facilities and lands
The Security, Emergency Management and Customer Transportation team is accepting applications for an Emergency Management Specialist – Regulatory Compliance.
Reporting to the Manager Emergency Management, the Emergency Management Specialist is responsible for supporting the development, training, testing and evaluation of the organizations relevant standard operating procedures in order to optimize the Authority’s emergency and disaster response. As a subject matter expert, the Emergency Management Specialist represents the Authority’s interests in the alliance of emergency, security and irregular operations plans with regulators, supporting agencies and other internal and external stakeholders. Flexibility to shift hours will be required in order to provide response to critical issues that occur outside of normal hours.
The successful candidate must be cognizant of theories, principles and practices of emergency management in relation to mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery. They will possess an understanding of related incident command systems, functions and the operations of external stakeholders, including community emergency and disaster support and assistance resources. The successful candidate must demonstrate an understanding of and the ability to apply the Systems Approach to Training (SAT) or an equivalent training development system. They will have experience in developing, conducting and assessing emergency preparedness/response exercises and or security exercises. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and possess well-developed communications skills and people skills. They will be organized, detail oriented, and safety conscious. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop, coordinate and train others in emergency and irregular operation procedures. They will have the skill sets necessary to prepare clear, accurate and concise reports, procedures and other written instruction or material, as well as identify resource requirements and develop the means to obtain and meet them. The successful candidate must routinely demonstrate initiative and strong attention to detail. They will demonstrate their customer service and time management skills. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively both independently or in a team environment, work efficiently under pressure and react quickly to unexpected events. These abilities as well as a positive attitude will ensure success in building positive working relationships in a team environment.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Diploma or degree from a college or university with major coursework in emergency management, public administration, business administration or a related field is desirable with a minimum of two (2) years’ of related professional experience or an equivalent combination of emergency management / disaster planning education with a minimum of (5) years’ of operational emergency preparedness experience;
- Experience with training simulation software (i.e. XVR ) and analytics software (i.e. BriefCam) or willingness and capability to be trained on the XVR simulation software and BriefCam software;
- Knowledge of adult training and development tools and techniques with related experience;
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply relevant regulations, internal policies, procedures, etc.;
- Fully conversant with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) including data management software i.e. SharePoint; and
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
The following qualifications will be considered as assets:
- Familiarity with airport, aviation or airline operations;
- Experience working in an emergency operations center; and
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Candidates must be in possession of a valid driver’s licence (Class G or equivalent) along with a driver’s abstract (issued within the last month); successfully complete a security clearance check for an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC); and successfully obtain an Airport Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP-D/A) and a Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s certificate within 90-days of their appointment to this position.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé by December 8, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ottawa Airport Authority is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the diversity of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are a person with a disability, an Aboriginal person or a member of a visible minority group.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com