Manages, operates and develops YOW's facilities and lands
The Operations and Infrastructure team is accepting applications for an Aviation Specialist – Regulatory Compliance.
Under limited supervision of the Director, Airside Operations, the Aviation Specialist – Regulatory Compliance will support the division as subject matter expert on all matters pertaining to aircraft operations and aerodrome compliance in relation to the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and to the aerodrome standards contained in TP312 (Transport Canada publication). Flexibility to shift hours will be required in order to provide response to critical issues that occur outside of normal hours.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their analytical and mathematical skills in order to work with three-dimensional concepts. They will have the ability to analyze aircraft operations and problems and make sound recommendations for their solutions. The successful candidate will have the ability to interpret regulations and advisory circulars, and develop necessary action plans, i.e. SOPs, etc. to ensure compliance. They will have the ability to develop and deliver training programs and presentations. The successful candidate must be highly motivate and possess well-developed communications skills and people skills. They will have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with internal and external customers and enforce established rules and regulations with firmness, tact and impartiality. The successful candidate will have the skill sets necessary to prepare clear, accurate and concise reports and other written material. They will demonstrate their customer service and time management skills. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively both independently or in a team environment. These abilities, combined with a professional and positive attitude, will ensure success in building positive working relationships in a team environment.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Post-secondary education in public safety or aviation management from an accredited college or university with two years’ experience in an airport environment or demonstrated progressive training and experience (at least 5 years’ experience) in airport operations, aviation safety or aviation management;
- Solid experience in standard office automation software including database management, photo imaging software, multi-media software, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge, and the ability to exercise judgment and discretion in the application, of regulations governing the air traffic and aviation along with standards, policies, procedures and guidelines governing airport operations, i.e. Canadian Aviation Regulations pertaining to airports, AIP Canada, the Canada Flight Supplement, the Airport Operations Manual, Transport Canada’s Aerodrome Standards and Recommended Practices (TP312), the Aerodrome Design and Operations (ICAO Annex 14), apron operations and gate design principles;
- Knowledge of airport operations and standards related to processes used by air carriers, operators and other airport users;
- Knowledge of the geography of the airport, including road network, building locations and aircraft operating areas; and
- Strong communication and written skills in English.
The following will be considered as assets:
- Knowledge or experience in the area of aircraft Pilot, Air Traffic Control and/or Aircraft Dispatch;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD; and
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Candidates must be in possession of a valid driver’s licence (Class G or equivalent) along with a driver’s abstract (issued within the last month), must successfully obtain a security clearance check for an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) as well as a Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s Certificate, and an Airside Operators Permit (AVOP-D).
Interested candidates should forward their résumé by December 8, 2019, to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ottawa Airport Authority is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the diversity of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are a person with a disability, an Aboriginal person or a member of a visible minority group.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org