Website Ogdensburg International Airport
OGS Airport Manager
The Opportunity – Airport Manager
The Ogdensburg Bridge and Port Authority, (Authority or OBPA), owner and operator of the Ogdensburg International Airport (OGS or Airport), invites applications for the position of Airport Manager. Steven Baldwin Associates is conducting a national search for this position on behalf of The Ogdensburg Bridge and Port Authority.
Ogdensburg International Airport is a public airport located in Oswegatchie, two miles southeast of Ogdensburg, New York. The OBPA also owns and operates the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge, Port of Ogdensburg-Marine Terminal Facility, Commerce Park, a medium-heavy industrial park, and one short-line railroad. The International Airport is used for commercial and general aviation service with commercial flight service provided by Contour Airlines.
While remaining self-sustaining, the Authority’s mission is to create sound economic business development through the promotion of buildings, river, road, rail, and air transportation. This is accomplished by providing exceptional customer service, safe and secure facilities, good environmental stewardship, and focused professionalism.
The Ogdensburg International Airport is the gateway to northern New York and beyond. Conveniently located near vibrant international markets, OGS offers a level of convenience and value that perfectly aligns with traveler needs.
Overview Requirements & Qualifications
The Authority is seeking a candidate with an entrepreneurial mindset to enhance operations and improve the customer experience strategically and collaboratively at the Ogdensburg International Airport. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in airport operations management, airport maintenance management, airport fire & rescue management experience, or ATO/FAA management at an airport with scheduled air service. The principal responsibility is to ensure the safe and compliant operation of all aeronautical activities undertaken at the Airport for airside, terminal, and landside operations as well as line service and customer service. Also, accountable for the day-to-day oversight of FBO operations, budget, marketing, media relations, and capital projects. Work is performed under the supervision of the OPBA Executive Director. The Authority is seeking an individual who can exercise independent judgment and resourcefulness. The Airport Manager will have frequent contact with various stakeholders including tenants, concessionaires, airline personnel, contractors, and community groups, and will professionally represent the Authority.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Airport Manager for the Ogdensburg International Airport reports to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Able to lead by example while holding people accountable.
- Ensures employees have the tools, resources, and training necessary for success.
- Coaches, trains, and motivates employees in a collaborative environment.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day Airport operations and determine operational needs.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure the safe, secure, and effective operation of the Airport, including establishing goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Ensures compliance with FAA standards and regulations as well as federal, state, and local laws.
- Directs decisions concerning day-to-day activities, emergency planning, and Capital Improvement Projects.
- Collaborates with OBPA management concerning budget, purchasing, and recruitment.
- Manages direct report positions.
- Manages FBO operations.
- Serves as the Airport Security Coordinator (ASC).
- Responds to Airport emergencies, incidents and security issues.
- Maintains the Airport Certification Manual, Airport Emergency Plan, and the Airport Security Plan.
- Develops and maintains positive relations with tenants, concessionaires, airlines, Airport users, as well as OBPA stakeholders.
- Maintains access to Airport via phone 24/7.
- Primary contact for OGS with federal, state, and local entities.
- Provides responses to public inquiries promptly
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of airport business management.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations that apply to airport certification and airport management.
- Experience and ability to effectively supervise, plan and direct the work of others.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools used in airport construction and maintenance.
- Current knowledge of airport safety including firefighting and crash rescue equipment and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of federal, State, and local laws and ordinances governing activities including 14 CFR Parts 139, 135, and 121; and 49 CFR Parts 1520, 1540, 1542, and 1544.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation management, airport operations, airport management, public administration, business administration or a closely related field. In lieu of a 4-year degree; an associate degree with 8 years of military airport/aviation management, operations management, airport maintenance management, airport fire and rescue management, or ATO/FAA management may be acceptable.
- Two-five years’ work experience in airport operations management, airport maintenance management, airport fire and rescue management, or ATO/FAA management at an airport with scheduled air service.
- Valid State driver’s license.
- Must satisfy all requirements to acquire and maintain TSA security clearance.
- Must be eligible and acquire ASC status within six months of appointment.
- Complete airfield driver training within the first 30 days of employment.
- Certified Member (C.M.) certification desired.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions rapidly.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret laws, rules and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including professional presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and Adobe.
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
For a complete preview of the opportunity including salary information, review the solicitation brochure below.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and a list of three professional references in one
recruitment PDF document to Lisa Belt of Steven Baldwin Associates, at: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications is April 14, 2023
To apply for this job email your details to LBelt@baldwinllc.com