Website Monterey Regional Airport
The Monterey Regional Airport is seeking a qualified candidate to join its team. The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for coordinating all external communications, establishing purposeful collaboration, and enhancing media, public and inter-agency relations. This position reports directly to and serves as a communications advisor to the Executive Director regarding public relations matters.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have experience working directly with Senior Executive Management. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in communications, public policy, business administration or a related field. Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years’ similar airport job-related experience complimented by a strong, collaborative work ethic, demonstrated interest and experience in helping a local agency grow and expand its brand and presence in the community, previous experience working with political offices on all levels; local, state and national. Previous experience working with civic and political organizations required.
$71,000 – $88,000 Annually, Depending on Qualifications
plus excellent benefits
· Retirement – 2% at 55 Classic PERS members, or 2.0% at 62 for new members.
· The Airport participates in Social Security with employee contribution of 6.2%.
· Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
· The Airport contributes $100 per month into Cafeteria plan/Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for health care/dependent care expense reimbursements.
· Life Insurance – Airport provides $20,000 coverage.
· Paid holidays of 11 days per year.
· Vacation/Sick – 40 hours after six months, 80 hours per year after one year, 120 hours per year after 5 years, 160 hours per year after 10 years.
Please complete the online application located on Monterey Regional Airport’s Careers page located here: https://montereyairport.specialdistrict.org/career-opportunities
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org