Website Mojave Air and Space Port
We are an active air and space port with various flight activity
Mojave Air & Space Port is seeking an experienced Director of Operations to manage daily air and ground activities conducted by our customers and pilots. This person will manage the control tower, security department and fire department. We are an active air and space port with various flight activity, including experimental aircraft. Ground rocket test are conducted weekly. Special events take place at least monthly. At least 10 years experience managing incidents and multiple teams is required. Knowledge of airspace and the R2508 complex is desired. Salary depends on experience. Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
· Report directly to the GM and, in the absence of the GM, performs as the GM when directed
· Direct day to day airport operations- airside/landside
· Develop and ensure updated training is accomplished and documented for all MASP staff
· Oversee security, tower (ATC), Unicom/AWOS and Aerospace Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF)
· Provide leadership in environmental response and interagency coordination with surrounding fire departments
· Manage test site facilities, test site contracts, client needs and operations.
· Approve all daily tenant test manifests
· Approve special event and filming activities and contracts
· Provide leadership on special event operations
· Maintain and update special operations processes
· Manage FAA AST license interface and hazardous fuels storage issues
· Manage all notices of hazardous operations manifests and response coordination
· Update the Safety and Security Operations Manual
· Participate in and assist in planning Operations Safety Meetings at NTPS
· As directed, perform as the PAO during emergency operations
· As directed, Represent the District at Federal, State, Local, and Trade Association Aerospace Symposiums and Committees
· Liaise with Federal, State, and Local law enforcement and Department of Defense agencies advancing support and training initiatives.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Airport Management, Aviation Science, Business or Public Administration combined with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in airport operations or administration preferred; or equivalent combination of education, military experience, training and relevant airport experience with at least two (2) years supervisory experience.
· 10 -Years of continued airport management experience will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Certified Member or ACE (Operations or Security) designation through the American Association of Airport Executive (AAAE) is strongly preferred.
Preference for valid Pilot’s License, FAA Certified Tower Operator, or Radar Approach Control.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Ability to traverse stairs
· Work in inclement conditions
Irregular work hours may be required
Please submit Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com