JOB SUMMARY: Conduct the negotiation, preparation, implementation, and enforcement of aeronautical and non-aeronautical leases (to include airlines, concessions and general aviation), licenses, permits, contracts, and specifications for the use of airport facilities and property at General Mitchell international Airport and Timmerman Field Airport in accordance with federal, state and local laws, ordinances, and administrative rules and procedures through the direction and supervision of the Airport Properties Specialist and consultation with airport staff.
- Represents Milwaukee County at both County airports in negotiating arrangements with non-aeronautical and aeronautical tenants, commercial operators, and other users related to property leasing, space management, cost-sharing mechanisms, and operational procedures in compliance with the terms and conditions of all requirements.
- Directs the negotiations, preparation, and administration of aeronautical and non-aeronautical lease and operating agreements, contracts, permits, amendments and easements for airport tenants at both County airports (including airlines, concessions, and general aviation agreements) in accordance with federal, state, and local ordinances.
- Plan, develop, and implement the airport retail, food and beverage, car rental, and advertising concessions programs and related commercial passenger services; develops new and expanded business in the airport.
- Confer with tenants, lessees, airline representatives, and others on terms, conditions, and responsibilities of agreements, contracts, permits, and easements.
- Direct and supervise staff in managing the data (including input) of all airport properties on revenue management software which contains lese terms, billing requirements, renewal options, rental rates, electronic copies of the agreements, geographical and/or GIS records of all airport leased/rented areas.
- Provide revenue and expense projections for the annual budget, prepare fiscal reports, resolve delinquent accounts, and facilities concession audits.
- Supervise and consult with staff in developing, implementing and maintaining systems to ensure compliance with leases, agreements , contracts, airport rules and regulations, interpret and enforce same; Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations; conduct periodic inspections of tenant’s areas; monitor ACDBE attainment.
- Provide information to existing and potential tenants at both County airports regarding leasing policies, procedures, and responsibilities; resolve operational problems and tenant and general public complaints.
- Review and evaluate tenant facility construction design and alteration drawings for effects on the airport aesthetics at both county airports and the safe and efficient operation of the airports; ensure that business operations will be maintained at acceptable levels during construction.
- Direct staff in the preparation of reports and revisions for aeronautical and non-aeronautical-related property matters (including airlines, concessions, and general aviation matters) for County Board approval; track and coordinate all activities related to land and airline property matters through the County’s approval process.
- Research and analyze trends related to airport and airline matters and implement the trends and practices into Milwaukee County’s airport (General Mitchell International and Timmerman Field) policy framework.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree with a major in Business, Public Administration or Aviation.
- Three (3) years of work experience of contract management, lease development and property management.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Basic knowledge of all computer and software applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
Licenses/Certifications: Possession of a valid driver’s license at time of application and maintained during incumbency is required.
Preferred Areas: Accreditation and/or certification by the American Association of Airport Executives and/or Airports Council International.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation Security Administration regulations; knowledge of the principles, practices, theories, and methods of supervision; knowledge of airport parking operations and contracts; knowledge of airport ground transportation operations and procedures; knowledge of Federal regulations pertaining to the operational safety at an airport; knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and structural maintenance policies and procedures; oral and written communication skills; supervisory skills; organizational skills; ability to interpret Milwaukee County Civil Service Rules and contracts; ability to interpret State and County regulations pertaining to the operational safety at an airport; and ability to work effectively and harmoniously with staff and others.
Note: This Original Examination is open to current residents of the state of Wisconsin. The selection process will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods.
Milwaukee County offers a comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace. Milwaukee County conducts job related criminal background checks and pre-employment screenings.
To apply for this job please visit milwaukeelearning.csod.com.