Job Summary: Manage Airport Operations in the performance of 24/7/365 duties. Ensure Milwaukee County Airports are in compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations for the safety of aircraft, passengers, airport patrons, employees, and facilities. This position exists to ensure compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation Security Administration regulations that are required to operate a commercial airport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Operations staff of 23 with 24/7/365 operation that ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Prepare operating budget; handle personnel issues relative to hiring, training, motivating, evaluation, disciplining, and terminating.
- Develop policies and procedures to comply with Federal, State, and Local regulations for the safety of aircraft, passengers, patrons, and employees at all Airport facilities.
- Develop revisions and amendments to the Airport Certification Manual, Airport Emergency Plan and Airport Snow and Ice Control Plan, as mandated by the FAA.
- Evaluate the effects of various airport construction and repair projects and establish methods and/or procedures to ensure safety of aircraft, Airport patrons, and employees.
- Respond to Airport emergencies and snow events as a key player in the Emergency Operations Center or at the snow desk.
- Coordinate airfield emergencies with the Incident Commander of Milwaukee County Fire Department and Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office.
- Respond to irregular flight operations and events that focus on crowd control, customer service needs, and operational impacts that require the attention of the Operations Department.
- Current United States Resident.
- Valid Driver’s License at time of application. Please note a Wisconsin Driver’s License will need to be obtained within six (6) months of established residency for those residing outside of Wisconsin.
- Must be able to obtain a Class 1 Airfield Driving Certification.
- High School diploma with nine (9) or more years of Airport/Aviation Operations, Aviation Management, or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management, Business Management, Administration Management with five (5) or more years of Airport/Aviation operations, Aviation Management, or related experience.
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory/management experience.
- Knowledge of all related computer and software applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Must undergo a criminal history background check to maintain security clearance for unescorted access to secured areas of the airport
- Ability to lift/carry up to 25lbs and push/pull up to 25lbs on an occasional basis.
- AAAE Certified Member (C.M.)
Special Instructions: This Original Examination is open to qualified residents of the United States. Appointee must establish residency within the State of Wisconsin within six (6) months of hire date and maintain such residency during incumbency. The selection process will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods.
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
Effective October 1, 2021, Milwaukee County will require all employees to have completed COVID-19 vaccinations and provide proof of vaccination or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request. All persons offered a position will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request and been approved for an accommodation prior to hire.
To apply for this job please visit us60.dayforcehcm.com.