Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport
Job Summary: Reporting to Director of Air Service Development, responsible for managing concurrent analytical projects, builds, manages and maintains basic to advanced industry and market intelligence data used as the foundation of the strategic air service development program. . Conducts analysis and produces management reports. Coordinates and supports various airport initiatives and contributes foundational business intelligence to Airport departments such as Marketing, KPIs, Customer Service and Business Development.
• Review, analyze and evaluate aviation industry and market intelligence, working with Director, other Airport team members, industry and the business community to define, analyze and report meaningful insights that become the foundation of the Strategic Air Service and Market Development Plan. Track KPIs, report statistical trends and variances. Identify and track business relationships and new developments in the region and analyze resulting potential for additional air service between Milwaukee and other cities. Recommend new flight routes based on metric analysis.
• Design, develop and review analytical solutions and data visualizations. Function as a technical resource for analytical reports using aviation industry BI technology, such as Diio and Tableau. Develop performance reports and dashboards using BI software and Microsoft Office Suite products. Use statistics and reports to communicate the state of the air travel industry in Milwaukee to senior Milwaukee County leaders and the community.
• Locate, develop and analyze data and statistics on catchment area economics, corporate growth, passenger demographics & airline industry. Interpret information from specialized industry databases such as ARC passenger origins and Federal BTS statistics. Package information into meaningful reports, comprehensive market summaries & presentation materials, such as PDEW, ASM, PRASM analysis, for internal use and public release. Develop seat capacity, load factor and leakage reports. Develop trend analysis using historical O&D reports.
• Coordinate and oversee the overall approach to airline and air service recruitment through proposal process. Prepare reports for community business, government and advisory committees. Develop and oversee air service contracts and agreements, including air service incentives, ensuring compliance with FAA policy. Use T-100, Diio and other BI analytics.
• Research, interpret and report on pertinent FAA air service policy & regulations, and well as IATA international flight restrictions and regulations. Track the financial health of individual airlines, prepare analytical reports on changes in airline business models, projecting the effect on Airport revenue and operations.
• Possession of valid driver’s license at time of application with the ability to
obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within six (6) months of hire and
maintained throughout employment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Marketing, Aviation OR in a
• At least three (3) years of work experience in Data Analysis and reporting.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Must undergo a criminal history background check to maintain security
clearance for unescorted access to secured area of the airport.
• Work schedule will be primarily day shift M-F, with occasional shift change,
overtime and weekend work. Position is subject to 24 emergency call-in.
• Aviation/Airline/Airport experience of 1-2 years is preferred.
• Advanced- level experience in Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
• Intermediate-level experience in analytical software such as Diio and
Tableau is preferred.
• Experience working with airline performance and market analysis statistics
• Position requires an individual with strong writing, data analysis and
graphic presentation skills.
Note to applicants: you may be requested to travel to MKE for an in-person
interview. Please note that travel expenses will not be reimbursed.
This Original Examination is open to residents in the United States. State of
Wisconsin residency is required within six months of hire. The selection
process will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following:
education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other
Milwaukee County offers a comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make
your life better both inside and outside of the workplace. Milwaukee
County conducts criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
To apply for this job please visit milwaukeelearning.csod.com.