Under general supervision of the Airport Fire Chief, the Airport Firefighter responds to airport emergencies and performs regular inspections including airfield, wildlife, fuel farm, apparatus, and equipment inspections. Performs fire department duties, assigned work, and fire service functions. Receives and maintains FAA Part 139 required training. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, critical thinker, and good communicator.
- Inspect, monitor, and perform airfield activities under the Airport Fire Chief
- Conduct standard operating procedures, escorts personnel, maintain records
- Perform duties as specified in the Airport Emergency Plan
- Serve as a Firefighter when responding to airport emergencies
- Maintain vehicle and equipment readiness
- Perform regular inspections and maintain daily logs
- Firefighter II or higher
- EMT or higher and ARFF experience preferred
- Must have 40 hour ARFF and Live Burn within 3 months of hire
- Must maintain physical fitness standards required in NFPA
- Thorough working knowledge of the fire service
- Ability to train and work with others
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and communicate
- High school diploma required. College degree is desirable
- Use of personal protective equipment is required
- Will respond to airport emergencies on call-out notice
- Communicate via radio, phone, verbal, etc. in the performance of emergency duties.
- Carry out all orders and directives given by the Airport Fire Chief. Direct subordinates to carry out assignments when delegation is required.
- Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as lifting heavy firefighting equipment, lifting and carrying people and equipment for rescue and salvage, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work.
- Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently.
- Attentiveness to work procedure to reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Will be required to work in a normal fire service environment including close working and living conditions.
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Section 125 Insurance Plan
- Opportunity for advancement
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.