Website Mwaacareers Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Your Journey Begins With Us!
Your Journey Begins With Us!
Salary: $33 hr – $48 hr
As a Contracting Officer I, you will enhance your knowledge, experience, and training that may lead to becoming a full performance Contracting Officer, while performing a wide range of pre-award and post award functions.
This is a developmental level position and may lead to the next level of the Contracting Officer career ladder.
After 12 months of successful performance and demonstrable ability to review and edit Statements of Work and Evaluation Criteria, and close out contracts, a one grade increase may be awarded non-competitively and the incumbent remains on this job description (SCONCO1).
After a total of 24 months of successful performance, and upon obtaining the required certification listed in that Job Profile, the full performance level of work (SCONCO2) is intended.
Serves in the Procurement and Contracts Department of the Office of Supply Chain Management at the Headquarters Office or Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).
Performs progressively complex and responsible Contracting Officer functions, under direct supervision, to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform a wide range of Contracting Officer functions, from pre-award to post-award. Assists in reviewing plans, solicitations, evaluating, awards, and administering procurements and contracts. Procurements and contracts cover Architecture/Engineer (A/E) and construction projects, goods and service contracts, leasing and maintenance agreements, and concession contracts. Performs related functions.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Three years of experience in business administration, acquisition and contracting or other related work.
- Included in the three years of experience must be one year of direct experience in procurements and contracts.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn various types of contracts and methods of contracting for goods and services, A/E projects, or concessions.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn to apply contracting principles, policies, and procedures to pre-award and post-award actions.
- Knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with requirements, procedures, and special programs (e.g., Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) program, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise [DBE], Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise [ACDBE] and Owner Controlled Insurance Program [OCIP]).
- Ability to make detailed analyses of data and information and make recommendations.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Skill in using a computer and office suite software, with emphasis on database and spreadsheet software.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.
Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.| Follow us on Twitter @MWAAcareers.
To apply for this job please visit www.mwaa.com.