Term: This is a TERM position up to 4 years and 5 months
As a Contracting Officer (Construction), you will work on large dollar value construction contracts to support Airports Authority construction activities.
Serves in the Procurement and Contracts Department in the Office of Supply Chain Management in the Headquarters Office Building in Arlington, VA.
Supports pre-award and post-award contracting functions on large dollar value construction, architectural/engineering contracts, and other consulting, supply/service contracts and leasing and maintenance agreements for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), the Dulles Toll Road, supporting corporate functions, and, as assigned, the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Projects. Performs related functions.
Selects contract type (e.g., firm-fixed price, cost reimbursable, etc.) and determines procurement method.
Chairs pre-proposal conferences for prospective offerors. Responds to inquiries from potential offerors and prepares written amendments to the solicitation as required.
Prepares analysis of offers, including detailed analysis of subcontracting proposals, pricing structures, and schedules.
Conducts negotiations, as appropriate, to obtain price and other terms and conditions most advantageous to the Airports Authority.
Chairs pre-construction/pre-performance conferences with contractor, COTR and, as required, representatives from the Airports Authority.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in construction administration or construction procurement and contracting including recent experience in negotiation of contract changes and claims resolutions; and management of design and construction projects and contracts.
- Knowledge of various types of contracts (e.g., firm-fixed-price, fixed unit price, task order, indefinite delivery and cost-reimbursable) and methods of contracting (e.g., RFPs, RFQs, and IFBs).
- Skill in managing and administering multiple major procurements and contracts concurrently.
- Ability to perform detailed analyses of data and information and make recommendations.
- Ability to speak and write effectively with emphasis on negotiation and persuasive techniques.
- Ability to use computer hardware and modern office suite software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with contractors, key stakeholders, employees, managers, and others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Contract Management, Business, or related field.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES REQUIRED
- A state driver’s license in good standing.
- Certification as a Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB) or national or federal certification in a recognized procurement certification/credential within two years of hire, promotion, or placement on the job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com