Website https://twitter.com/https://twitter.com/Fly_Nashville Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
As infrastructure critical to the region’s growth and prosperity, BNA is a vital asset for Middle Tennessee and serves as a gateway to Music City and beyond. According to a recent study, in 2019 alone, BNA generated more than $8.1 billion in total economic impact, supported more than 76,000 jobs in the region and produced more than $443 million in state, local and federal taxes. BNA receives no local tax dollars. For more information, visit flynashville.com. Follow us on Facebook: @NashvilleInternationalAirport, Twitter: @Fly_Nashville and Instagram: @FlyNashville. Learn more about BNA® Vision, our growth and expansion plan for the airport, at BNAVision.com.
- Apply online
- Ten (10) year background check, including criminal history check, motor vehicle check, pre-employment drug screen and breath alcohol test
- Deferred compensation plans
- Educational Assistance
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Paid Holidays
- Annual/Bereavement/Military Leave
Accepting Applications until filled
Starting Salary Range: $68,071 – $92,614
*** All applicants must apply through MNAA’s company website by the application deadline by visiting: https://www.flynashville.com/about/Pages/Careers.aspx
The Manager, Risk Management is responsible for analyzing and managing risk issues for the Nashville International Airport (BNA), John C. Tune and MNAA Properties Corporation by identifying, measuring and making decisions on operational and/or enterprise risks for the organization. Other responsibilities include managing lines of insurance.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manages MNAA’s insurance programs by gathering information needed for insurance carriers on new and renewal insurance policies.
- Manages and directs MNAA’s insurance brokers to negotiate terms and conditions of insurance policies purchased and recommends the purchase of new insurance policies and activities of external safety, engineering and loss prevention experts.
- Assists with the selection committee by identifying insurance brokers capabilities.
- Researches and evaluates the feasibility of implementing Owner Controlled Insurance Program for MNAA’s capital improvement program; works with Finance to accurately allocate Owner Controlled Insurance Program premium costs to appropriate projects.
- Assists with the safety incentive program; identifies, researches, analyzes and evaluates potential risk or loss exposure for current and potential future activities and operations; considers and recommends self-insured retention where appropriate; monitors costs where self-insured retentions exist.
- Supervises and directs administration of insurance requirements in contracts and obtaining proof of insurance from MNAA’s lessees, tenants, permitees, contractors and consultants while partnering with insurance brokers and agents to assist in obtaining proper proof of insurance; advises appropriate departments if MNAA’s lessees, tenants, permitees, contractors or consultants are in default by not providing adequate proof of insurance.
- Performs contract review for other departments during formation of contracts and agreements or during solicitation process.
- Manages and directs recovery of costs for damage to MNAA’s property; coordinates claims management activities with appropriate parties; submits claims to insurance carriers for direct damage to property, including conducting site visits with insurance adjusters; monitors litigated claims; manages the maintenance and update of the claims database for claims against MNAA.
- Administers the Authority’s general liability activities including loss control, and insurance management; gathers information and prepare necessary insurance coverage specifications.
- Assumes management responsibility for all services and activities of the Risk Management Department; recommends, implements and establishes performance standards and methods for general liability administration; manages and participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs including insurance procurement, loss control issues; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
- Develops and reviews language regarding insurance, indemnification; reviews certificates of insurance for adequacy; recommends levels of exposure to insure; reviews proposals and recommends the desirability of various services and activities; negotiates and purchases insurance as required; continuously monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; identifies and reviews opportunities for improvement with the VP, Finance – Deputy Chief Financial Officer and implements improvements.
- Ensures operational compliance and financial review for a broad range of airport functions to identify significant risk factors, tests internal controls, and to identify business process improvements.
- Develops, manages a Quality Control and Compliance Program to assist MNAA in achieving its objectives while mitigating potential risk factors and improving internal controls including ensuring the on-going due diligence in conformance with the program.
- Provides recommendations for business process improvements that will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of MNAA’s operations.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external business partners to ensure full cooperation and compliance with internal controls and quality assurance programs.
- Coordinates the efforts of insurance company loss control services with the safety and loss prevention goals and objectives of MNAA.
- Investigates, evaluates and settles claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
- Adjusts reserves or provide recommendations to ensure that reserve activities are consistent with corporate policies.
- Pays and process claims within designated authority level.
- Verifies and analyzes data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and that settlements are made in accordance with MNAA practices and procedures.
- Enters claims payments, reserves and new claims on computer system, inputting concise yet sufficient file documentation.
- Confers with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation.
- Contacts or interviews claimant, doctors, medical specialists or employers to get additional information necessary for claim documentation, adjudication, and return to work.
- Maintains claim files such as records of settled claims and an inventory of claims requiring detailed analysis.
- Presents cases and participates in their discussion at claim committee meetings.
- Supervises claims adjusters to ensure that adjusters have followed proper methods.
- Conducts detailed bill review to implement sound litigation management and expense control.
- Reports overpayments, underpayments and other irregularities.
- Communicates with reinsurance brokers to obtain information necessary for processing claims.
Prepares periodic repair to inform the VP, Finance on all risk activities.
- Supports MNAA’s commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Communication: Skill in communicating effectively at all levels of the organization and with stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
- Relationship Building: Skill in establishing and maintaining effective and professional working relationships with others.
- Supervision of Personnel: Skill in supervising and managing others, including planning work, providing direction, motivating workers, and identifying the best workers for the job.
- Vendor Management: Skill in identifying vendors and managing vendor agreements.
- Conflict Management: Skill in managing conflict and identifying effective and mutually beneficial solutions to the sources of conflict.
- Computer Use: Skill in using a personal computer, the internet, and other software to perform job-related functions.
- Negotiation: Skill in bargaining effectively with others to resolve conflict or achieve results.
- Stress Tolerance: Skill in accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Written Comprehension: Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression: Ability to use words and sentences in writing so others will understand.
- Ethical Behavior: Consistently displays ethical behavior.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance in all situations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business management, public administration, economics, finance or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 4 to 7 years in insurance or risk management role for a private or public sector entity, which includes working knowledge or insurance claims, safety management and loss control; 5 years of which have been in a management capacity.
- Master’s Degree in accounting, business management, public administration, economics, finance or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 7 to 10 years in insurance or risk management role for a private or public sector entity, which includes working knowledge or insurance claims, safety management and loss control; 5 years of which have been in a management capacity.
- Associate of Risk Management (ARM) certification.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) certification.
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) certification.
To apply for this job email your details to Chandra.Starks@flynashville.com