Website FlyNashville Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
Job Summary: The Director, Maintenance Services, Environmental and Safety is responsible for supervising the maintenance services, environmental and safety teams at BNA and JWN airports. This position will oversee, plan, direct and ensure coordinating functions for all airport services to include but not limited to service contracts (baggage handling, passenger boarding bridges, landscaping and grounds and custodial services. The environmental functions include the treatment of deicing fluids, fuel spill, training airport staff and tenants on environmental compliance, produce environmental assessments or review/assist outside consultants with environmental assessments, etc. The safety function includes training for all staff, ensure OSHA and TOSHA compliance, safety committee, and FAA ADA program coordinator.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs more than $25 million of large commercial airport contracts.
- Directs procurement activities including request for quotes (RFQ) and request for proposal (RFP) preparation, vendor selection, contract negotiation, scope of work definitions and ensures contract compliance.
- Directs a 15-plus member team consisting of managers, contract coordinators, maintenance dispatchers and other staff to lead the maintenance services, environmental and safety functions.
- Ensures organizational compliance with Tennessee, Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and other applicable environmental regulations.
- Directs completion of environmental assessments or review of environmental assessments for capital and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) projects.
- Provides leadership and works with staff to create a high performance, service-oriented work environment that supports the Nashville Airport Experience.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Authority’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, coaching/mentoring staff, planning and directing work, appraising performance and resolving problems.
- Creates, interprets and enforces policies, regulations, and practices as required.
- Develops, administers, and monitors annual operating and capital improvement budget to meet departmental goals.
- Manages the direction, decision making, and around-the-clock response for a multi-functional maintenance team.
- Ensures contractors and vendors complete timely work in accordance with contract requirements.
- Supports all other departments in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulatory requirements.
- Develops safety standards and an accident prevention program for all maintenance activities.
- Develops and manages action plans for safety compliance; ensures that MNAA has safe working conditions, procedures, staff training and documentation, including current Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to meet all OSHA and TOSHA requirements, and the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) system is current.
- Ensures facilities comply with American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and oversees complaint resolution.
- Maintains regular on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Supports MNAA’s commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.