Website Airports Council International - North America
Airports Council International – North America (ACI-NA)
Airports Council International – North America (ACI-NA) is an aviation trade association based in downtown Washington, D.C. ACI-NA is the voice of North American airports, representing local, regional, and state governing bodies that own and operate commercial airports in the United States and Canada. Our members represent more than 300 airports operating in the United States and Canada and nearly 400 aviation-related businesses.
Summary Description of Job
The Meetings Coordinator is an entry-level position supporting the ACI-NA Conference Department, ensuring all facets of event management run smoothly by providing exceptional logistical and planning support to these programs. The Meetings Coordinator will collaborate with the staff in the planning and execution of key public-facing ACI-NA conferences, focusing on event strategy, logistics, attendee experience, planning, and execution, including ACI-NA’s Annual Conference & Exhibition. The association holds 20+ multi-day conferences annually in the U.S. and Canada.
Function of the Position:
Under the guidance of the conference team, the Meeting Coordinator will assist the department with the collaborative design and implementation of the event experience for ACI-NA conferences. The Meetings Coordinator will co-lead specific meetings and be available to assist with other events as needed; lend support to program design; set up registration and attendee communications; organize, collect, and maintain meeting-related data and generate reports; and collaborates with other departments.
The Meetings Coordinator will become versed in many aspects of the logistical planning of ACI-NA conferences with the expectation of taking on additional responsibilities and becoming involved in more areas of event management. An innovative team player, the Meetings Coordinator will offer solutions/options when presenting problems and suggestions to improve systems and processes to further strengthen the service we provide to our members.
Meeting and Event Management & Planning: Assist with the scheduling, coordination, and execution for selected events in support of the mission of the ACI-NA and ensures a successful liaison with external stakeholders. In conjunction with the registrar, assists with registration and set-up efforts, food & beverage selections, monitors housing, and audiovisual needs.
RFP Preparation/Contract Review: Assist with internal RFP creation, site selections, and contractual negotiations and facilitate external vendor negotiations.
Budget Management and Reporting: Supports the events team in managing budgets and reporting processes for events for accurate revenue and expense reporting and forecasting. Helps prepare details of pre and post-meeting financial reporting.
Customer/Member Service: Provides efficient and effective customer service for inquiries regarding ACI-NA meetings and events and coordinates with staff.
ACI-NA Annual Conference: Assist with housing, registration, transportation, and special events for the Annual Conference. Works collaboratively with the Conference team to ensure smooth implementation and planning of selected special events.
Strategic Initiatives: Supports the development and implementation of a long-term strategic plan for ACI-NA events. Specific focus on operational improvement solutions that support revenue growth goals, attendee experience, and alignment with ACI-NA’s strategic initiatives.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in hospitality or event management.
- Prefer a minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Recent college graduates with hotel/events internship experience will be considered, as this is an entry-level position.
Key Competencies/ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional organizational and logical skills and ability to plan, track and perform multiple tasks; must be able to manage multiple priorities and maintain a high attention to detail and accuracy while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Effective people skills in a collaborative work environment.
- Exceptional communication, strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, especially with executive-level professionals.
- Creative and innovative thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly recognize or anticipate problem areas and quickly develop solutions
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, implement, manage change, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong and proficient skills with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Computer proficiency and adept at learning new software
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to travel approximately 10-15% for work.
ACI-NA operates in a hybrid work model and staff works remotely 2-3 days per week, with additional days in the office required for meeting prep, shipping, packing, and unpacking
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org