Manages assigned capital improvement projects to ensure that they are well planned, coordinated, scoped, budgeted and designed; constructed safely, on schedule, within budget, with good quality, with minimal operational impacts and with positive effects on overall security.
Assists Program Managers in developing specific projects for the Capital Program.
1. Assists the Program Managers by identifying active and potential projects to be included in the Capital Program.
2. Presents specific project data and technical information for on-going and proposed projects to support Operating Departments’ goals. Tracks and analyzes schedule, funding, percent complete, etc., for on-going projects. Provides preliminary schedule and cost estimates for proposed projects.
3. Assists in coordinating and securing all necessary external and internal Massport project approvals.
4. Prepares and presents briefings to the CEO/Board of Directors on selected projects.
5. Prepares and presents project summaries to Capital Programs’ staff on a quarterly basis.
Leads the consultant delivery process.
1. Prepares, coordinates and reviews consultant Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP).
2. Conducts Pre-Proposal Conferences, when necessary.
3. Serves as a voting member on the Designer Selection Panel.
4. Provides technical and professional assistance in ranking and evaluating proposals.
5. Provides input on contract scope.
6. Leads contract and work order negotiations.
Works in conjunction with consultants during design phase to ensure adherence to scope, budget and schedule.
1. Monitors and reviews consultants’ contract work including all plans and specifications to ensure adherence to financial, technical, scope definition and schedule requirements.
2. Reviews BIM execution plans and BIM models, as needed.
3. Leads meetings and reviews documents to ensure that the project stays on track.
4. Oversees consultants’ and projects’ costs while ensuring quality of work.
5. Reviews, tracks, and recommends payment of consultant invoices.
6. Coordinates and provides necessary Capital Programs’ support services, as needed.
7. Resolves issues that arise during the project planning and design.
8. Supports Massport Lean Construction efforts by facilitating Pull Planning Sessions and/or other duties as assigned.
9. Obtains necessary documentation to the Consultant to provide available existing conditions, insurance requirements, and M/W/DBE requirements prior to bidding. Also provides the latest copies of Division I, II, and standard technical specifications to the Consultant for incorporation into the Contract.
10. Establishes the schedule for project bidding.
Manages consultant, contractor and engineering services during the construction phase.
1. Coordinates the construction bidding and contract award process, including responses to bid questions and ntract addenda.
2. Coordinates and conducts pre-construction conferences.
3. Travels to site and inspects project progress.
4. Directs the consultant and contractor during construction, as appropriate.
5. Manages resident engineering and inspection forces assigned to the project.
6. Conducts meetings with involved parties and stakeholders regarding project progress and issues resolution.
7. Ensures timely and accurate completion of resident engineering construction logs, daily progress reports, construction and financial reports.
8. Reviews and recommends approval of consultant and contractor requests for payment, amendments and change orders within established agency guidelines.
9. Ensures Massport compliance with all construction/building related permits.
10. Manages the project change order process. Negotiates change orders and recommends approval.
11. Tracks and ensures timely response to shop drawing submittals.
12. Manages BIM deliverables as appropriate or applicable.
13. Monitors contractors’ work for safety, quality, cost, schedule, cleanliness and minimizing the impact to operations.
14. Ensures proper commissioning of the facility and closeout of the project including preliminary inspection, certificate of occupancy, punch list, as-built drawings submission and approval, operation and maintenance manuals, operations training, guarantees and warranties, final cleanup, final inspection, and record drawings.
15. Manages Lean Construction Activities and ensures that consultants and contractors adhere to them.
16. Evaluates contractor performance (DCAMM).
Establishes and maintains coordination with public, private and community agencies or groups to ensure achievement of project goals.
1. Provides liaison with other departments on such activities as tenant coordination, FAA/MassDOT/FHWA interface, AIP funding, insurance, badging, operational impacts, community impacts, etc.
2. Provides input to the environmental permitting process and participates in public hearings, as needed.
3. Conducts presentations to various internal and external groups interested in the projects.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS:
Provides supervision and technical guidance to assistant project managers, engineers, resident engineers and support staff on selected projects.
Manages a variety of capital projects at a given time.
Maintains project central files (paper and electronic), as appropriate.
Provides design and construction management services on in-house projects, as assigned.
Provides in-house technical support and technical reviews in area of professional expertise.
Maintains information relevant to measuring and controlling project progress from design through construction.
Willingness to work on varied projects that may include those outside of one’s immediate area of expertise.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or Architecture.
EXPERIENCE: 5 – 8 years of diversified professional engineering or architectural experience of which no less than 4 years have been in managing significant or complex capital projects. Experience in construction management and management of public agency projects is desirable.
1. Registered Professional Engineer or Architect in Massachusetts preferred.
2. Massachusetts Class D (III) drivers’ license.
3. Experience and working knowledge of the Massachusetts public bidding process and Chapter 149 public bidding laws desired.
4. Experience in working on BIM-enabled projects desired.
5. Knowledge of Revit, Navisworks and other BIM/VDC applications desired.
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Primavera.
7. Knowledge of budgetary principles and practices.
8. Demonstrated organizational, personal management and communication skills required.
9. Ability to pass a Massport background check and obtain a Massport Security Badge.
10. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome License.
11. Ability to pass Massport pre-placement physical and, controlled substance testing.
12. Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker’s Identification Credential (TWIC).
13. Experience in construction management on public agency projects.
14. Certified Construction Manager (CCM) desired.
15. Experience in bridge and tunnel inspections desired.
16. Ability to obtain In-service Bridges (NHI 130055) and Tunnel Safety Inspection (NHI 130110) certification.
Please email resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org