Website Airports Council International (ACI World)
Airports Council International (ACI) is the only global trade representative of the world’s airports. Established in 1991, ACI represents airports interests with Governments and international organizations such as ICAO, develops standards, policies, and recommended practices for airports, and provides information and training opportunities to raise standards around the world.
ACI is looking for a Manager, Environment.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an experienced expert on environmental issues of air transport, including airports;
- Possesses technical expertise and good understanding of the international aviation framework and stakeholders to successfully represent ACI at the ICAO Committee on Aviation Environmental Protection (CAEP) technical Working Groups and at other international forums;
- Possesses a strong ability to converge different views and to convince based on technical argument;
- Has strong analytical skills to generate insightful information and further develop ACI policies on environment;
- Is a strong communicator both oral and written;
- Enjoys travelling internationally;
- Represents the ACI World values of Integrity, Member Focus, Professionalism and Teamwork
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Environment, the position is based in Montreal, the world’s international hub for organizations involved in aerospace and aviation. It offers candidates a unique opportunity to work in a global environment for the delivery of analytical insights for the broader aviation community.
About this opportunity:
The Manager, Environment, possesses experience and flexibility working with complex portfolios which involve concurrent projects and tasks, and should have the ability to tailor them to advance the collective interests of airports on environment and promote excellence in airport environmental management; In addition, the candidate will have excellent drafting skills to develop technical working papers, policies briefs, training and other related material and to present/deliver them to diverse audiences. Finally, the position requires a tactful professional, who can comfortably work with divergent views in a very broad cultural environment and contribute to the further development of the air transport industry.
Acting as the advisor for ACI Observer to the ICAO Committee on Aviation Environmental Protection (CAEP)
- Supporting the development of ACI’s positions and coordinating airport participation in CAEP meetings
- Attending meetings, preparing papers for, and providing technical input to working groups, Steering Groups and CAEP meetings
Supporting the secretary of the ACI World Environment Standing Committee (WEnSC):
- Preparing agenda, documents and meeting arrangements for WEnSC meetings
- Coordinating work items with Committee members, Task Force members and ACI regions
- Facilitating cooperation and coordination between WEnSC and ACI regional committees
- Drafting papers, policy briefs, conducting surveys, analysing data and any other relevant technical material as necessary
Developing technical expertise on environmental matters
- Supporting the development and coordination of environmental content and logistics for ACI events, communication initiatives and website
- Preparing and making presentations at relevant events
- Developing an airport environmental repository
- Providing technical material and responses to stakeholders’ requests
- Drafting technical reports and other materials as needed
- Responding to inquiries and updating ACI Airport Carbon Emissions and Reporting Tool (ACERT) and ACI Aircraft Ground Energy System Simulator (AGES-S) tools
- Developing additional tools to support ACI members with improving/facilitating their environment management programmes.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting ACI Global Training (GT) by preparing and reviewing training materials, delivering courses, and/or reviewing student works
- Supporting Airport Excellence (APEX) in Environment by reviewing documents and providing technical expertise as requested
- Other tasks as required
Technical knowledge, skills, and abilities
- University degree in environmental management, business or law.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in environmental affairs, preferably in airport or airline operations
- Pro-active, collegial, tactful, diplomatic approach
- Capable of working both individually or in a team to deliver ACI objectives
- Excellent written, spoken and presentational English skills
- Experience with MS Office suite and Higher Logic or other similar community platform management tool
- Knowledge of Airports Sustainability initiatives and strategies
- Experience in working with government and intergovernmental agencies, non-governmental organisations, private sector and civil society;
- Experience of the ICAO CAEP process as a regulator, industry representative or NGO
- Working knowledge in another language preferably French or Spanish
Should this position interest you, please send your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com