Website Lee County Port Authority
Southwest Florida International Airport & Page Field
The Lee County Port Authority (LCPA) owns and operates Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) and Page Field (FMY) in Fort Myers, Florida. RSW is an award-winning, medium-hub commercial service airport that was certified for operation in May 1983 and is one of the newest airports in the nation. RSW served more than 10.2 million passengers in 2019 and is one of the top 50 airports in the United States for passenger traffic with 11 airlines currently providing service throughout the United States and Canada. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) recently awarded RSW with the 2020 Commercial Airport of the Year Award, which was the seventh time the airport has received this prestigious honor. RSW has been ranked in the top tier of medium-hub airports for traveler satisfaction by J.D. Power and has received numerous other awards and recognition at a local, regional and national level. In addition, RSW is projected to be one of the fastest-growing, non-hub airports during the next 10 years. In the planning stages at RSW, is a terminal expansion project to consolidate security checkpoints and significantly increase passenger amenities. Other future infrastructure improvements include a new Airport Traffic Control Tower, roadway and airside pavement and rehabilitation projects, as well as a future parallel runway.
FMY is the business and general aviation airport for the county and serves as an FAA-designated reliever airport for RSW. With more than 116,000 operations in 2019, Page Field is a thriving community airport that is home to more than 350-plus based aircraft and 21 businesses. Base Operations at Page Field, a 22,613-square-foot terminal building, opened in 2011, with a 24,000-square-foot itinerant aircraft hangar and 600,000 square feet of adjacent ramp space for business aircraft parking. An additional 24,000-square-foot multi-use hangar and ramp was added in 2019. Page Field has been awarded the FDOT General Aviation Airport of the Year three times. Base Operations at Page Field has been ranked as a top FBO in the Americas by Aviation International News for seven consecutive years, including achievement in the top 5 percent in 2020.
LCPA operates as an enterprise fund with revenue generated from airport operations. No ad valorem (property) tax dollars support airport operations or construction.
This is an executive leadership role, serving as the Chief Operating Officer, responsible for directing all aspects of airport operations and reports directly to the executive director. A high degree of independent judgment, discretion and initiative in the management and overall direction of aviation division operations is required. This position oversees all aviation departments including operations & safety, contract management and compliance, maintenance, Airport Police Department, Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting, aviation security & technology, the general aviation airport (FMY) and the Port Authority’s fixed-base operator, Base Operations at Page Field.
General Position Duties:
· Implements executive policies and directives, delegation of authority and coordination of activities for all airport operations.
· Oversees budgetary operations, standard operating practices and the daily operation of the aviation division.
· Coordinates with and advises the executive director on all matters related to the aviation division, including, but not limited to, airport tenants, customer and Port Authority issues and complaints, contract compliance matters, airside operations, landside operations, airport safety and security and physical facility conditions.
· Reviews and provides recommended changes to Port Authority and division procedures and policies to enhance service levels to airport customers and tenants.
· Directs and oversees staff assignments and duties to enhance service levels to airport customers and tenants.
· Ensures delivery of appropriate aviation services to business and corporate aviation customers utilizing industry knowledge, trends, forecasting and participation in the aviation industry.
· Responsible for organizational development and strategic planning for the aviation division.
· Reports and maintains accurate cash flow data and, monitors and controls division budget.
· This position requires the employee to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Due to the nature of the transportation industry, this position is required to be on-site at any time during an emergency, event and/or incident that may impact airport operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Considerable knowledge of airport operations, maintenance management, airport public service departments and general aviation industry is required. Must have highly effective communications skills, both written and verbal, be customer and employee focused, possess strong business acumen, critical thinking skills and the ability to manage large group departments of diverse employees, both union and non-union. Must be able to identify and manage internal controls, solve time-sensitive problems effectively and be able to handle a wide variety of challenges and provide timely solutions.
Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a focus in aviation management or a related field, master’s degree a plus.
· Minimum of 7 or more years of recent experience in a senior management level role in management, administration and operations of an airport, a commercial air carrier or general aviation airport facility with increasing responsibility.
· Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates ability to perform duties effectively may be substituted.
· Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license is required.
· Must be a U.S. citizen.
The salary range for this position is $120,000 – $190,000, commensurate with experience. The Lee County Port Authority offers an attractive range of benefits including Florida Retirement System at the executive level, a car, generous paid-time-off (PTO) bank and all other regular benefits (medical, vision, dental, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and more).
Position to remain open until filled.
Lee County Port Authority is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V
To apply for this job please visit flylcpa.com.