Nanaimo Airport Commission
Incorporated in 1990, the Nanaimo Airport Commission (NAC) was established as a not-for profit authority to ensure excellent leadership and accountability at all levels in the smooth running of Nanaimo Airport. Currently serving nearly 500,000 passengers per year, the NAC offers a variety of passenger, air cargo, and courier services. YCD continues to be the fastest growing airport in BC. The NAC’s primary service area extends north from Nanaimo to Qualicum, west to the Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District, and south to Duncan and the Cowichan Valley. In addition, YCD is attracting new passengers from Langford North and the Powell River/Sunshine Coast area.
To learn more, please visit NAC’s website at: www.nanaimoairport.com/
The Opportunity: President and CEO
Under the Direction of the Board and in accordance with federal mandate and the by-laws and policies of NAC, the President and CEO (CEO) shall direct, lead, and manage the Nanaimo Airport and execute such powers, and will be responsible to execute the strategic plan approved by the Board. An Officer of NAC, the CEO is responsible to the Board of Directors through the Chair.
The CEO will ensure the highest levels of safety and customer service, and foster continuous improvement in business performance and fiscal responsibility. The CEO will also build strong relationships with communities, business, and industry to encourage investment, increase tourism, and promote economic growth.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
· A post-secondary degree with a general business or a professional degree that relates to the requirements of the position is required; preference for Master’s level in business;
· Several years of progressive managerial, supervisory, and financial experience, preferably with exposure to heavily regulated environments, such as airports or the airline industry; familiarity with Transport Canada regulations/industry standards is desirable;
· A demonstrated and in-depth working knowledge of transportation-based programs and services, funding sources, community relations, and Board relations is required;
· A visionary with a demonstrated ability to successfully implement creative ideas, concepts, and consensus building; seasoned in communication, policy development, and administrative management;
· Knowledge/skills in strategic and operational planning, organizational management, and financial management and control are basic requirements; possesses solid financial acumen with strong commercial focus;
· Seasoned abilities in various forms of communication, policy development and administrative management are essential;
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: JAMES LAING or GREG LONGSTER
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com