Website Jacksonville Aviation Authority
The Jacksonville Aviation Authority (JAA) welcomes applications for the Land Use Planner & Research Administrator position through midnight on Sunday, October 2, 2022.
This position is responsible for assisting with the conceptual planning, graphic support and property information involved in leasing and land development activities across JAA’s four-airport system. The position provides technical services, including conceptual layouts, GIS data capture and management, geo-processing and spatial analysis to support leasing and land development activities. Working in collaboration with marketing, external affairs, planning and engineering departments, the Land Use Planner & Research Administrator conducts research regarding property development as needed, gathers, organizes and presents data regarding vendors’ markets, and facilitates the efficient promotion, leasing and development of airport property.
- Creates exhibits and conceptual space/site plans and illustrations using AutoCAD and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Collaborates with the Planning & Engineering department to update and maintain current information about the infrastructure and geography of various airport spaces and sites.
- In collaboration with the Planning & Engineering department, coordinates the preparation of project budgets and estimates to support new leasing or construction proposals for prospective tenants.
- Oversees and tracks Project Design Review Committee (PDRC) submittals on behalf of the Business Development department.
- Maintains collateral material and online listings (LoopNet, Costar, CCIM etc.) which support the marketing activities related to leasing and land development.
- Assists with the development of solicitations (RFPs, RFIs RFQs) for the procurement of tenants, concessionaires and services.
- Assists with the review of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) submitted by prospective tenants and site selection agencies and develops comprehensive responses and formal proposals.
- Collaborates with the Marketing department in the development of materials with a consistent look and messaging to be used in the promotion of airport concessions, parking, leasing etc.
- Works with the External Affairs and Marketing departments to regularly update and manage the website information specific to Business Development’s areas of responsibility.
- Provides cross-departmental support for the creation and modification of graphics as needed to GA Airport Management, Marketing, External Affairs, Planning and Engineering.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to use AutoCAD, GIS mapping software applications in the creation of exhibits and conceptual space/site plans.
- Knowledge of architectural and engineering drafting standards.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Micro Station and mapping software.
- Ability to understand and conceptualize the desires of prospective tenants.
- Ability to translate concepts and ideas into drawings and exhibits.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, to include verbal, graphic and in written communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Ability to understand and/or prepare basic construction budget.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
Required Education & Experience
- Associate level degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Drafting, Architectural Technology or a related field and
- 3 years of experience in planning, along with civil, structural or architectural drafting
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and
- 1 years of related experience
- An equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Aviation/airport operations or planning experience.
- Professional certifications and/or licensure in a related field
- Experience preparing and presenting conceptual site plans
- Experience preparing marketing collateral and RFP responses
Licenses & Certifications
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Class E driver’s license
The physical demands consist of moving from one work location to another, sitting or standing at a workstation for extended periods of time and may involve lifting objects weighing up to 15 pounds. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.