Website Jacksonville Aviation Authority
This is professional work supporting the design, construction, inspection, and management of Jacksonville Aviation Authority’s (JAA’s) Capital Improvement Program (CIP). The work also involves assisting with the maintenance of JAA’s existing facilities and coordinating tenant improvement projects at its four airports: Jacksonville International Airport (JIA), JAXEX (formerly Craig Airport), Herlong and Cecil Airport. The work requires knowledge and understanding of engineering principles and practices, and applicable laws, environmental regulations and building codes. The proficient performance of job duties requires experience with design, construction, inspection and management of construction projects, and the ability to represent the department well in the coordination of engineering functions with airport users, tenants and other JAA departments. The work involves a variety of situations which require the use of judgment in search of solutions to matters affecting the department and the JAA’s infrastructure. The work is performed primarily in an office environment but is occasionally performed in a field setting involving some exposure to unfavorable climatic conditions and other hazards which are predictable and controllable. The work is performed under the administrative direction of the Senior Manager, Engineering & Construction.
· Assists in developing Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for architectural and engineering (A/E) design services.
· Ensures compliance with applicable laws, environmental regulations and building codes in construction projects through necessary coordination with local, state and federal agencies
· Reviews construction projects procured through the Procurement Department.
· Coordinates construction undertaken by the State of Florida, the City of Jacksonville and local utility providers at or in the vicinity of the JAA’s airports.
· Assists in the development of the annual capital budget, the 5-year capital program and the development of construction cost estimates.
· Provides accurate cost estimates for development of the CIP budget for new construction and maintenance/repair projects to assist in the development of the CIP budget.
· Assists in the development of capital project scopes of work for assignment to consultants.
· Reviews consultant fee proposals to ensure they are complete, reasonable and consistent with current engineering best practices.
· Provides engineering advice and support to JAA’s executive management, other departments and tenants as assigned.
· Reviews construction bids, design-build proposals, guaranteed maximum prices and qualifications-based selections.
· Participates in evaluation committees for solicitations.
· Reviews the work of consulting engineers and architects.
· Participates in the design and construction of new and/or modified facilities.
· Coordinates the preparation of drawings and specifications for construction projects.
· Prepares specifications for the procurement of equipment, materials and services.
· Prepares concept layouts for proposed new facilities.
· Provides periodic status updates on capital projects for dissemination to stakeholders.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge and understanding of engineering principles and practices.
· Knowledge and experience to oversee the work of architects and engineers contracted by JAA.
· Familiarity with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) advisory circulars, particularly those regarding airport and airfield design and construction.
· Understanding of the FAA and Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) grant processes.
· Familiarity with alternative project delivery methods such as, Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, CM at Risk.
· Ability to understand requirements of comprehensive and economical construction contract documents for a wide variety of projects.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to assimilate data and make appropriate and timely decisions.
Required Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
· 5 years of project and/or construction management experience
Preferred Education & Experience
· Experience with public agency projects
· State of Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
Licenses & Certifications
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge
· Florida Class E Driver’s License may be required and must be maintained
The physical demands consist of moving from one work location to another, sitting or standing at a work-station for extended periods of time and may involve lifting objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.