Connect Jackson to the world, and the world to Jackson
What traits do we seek? Successful candidates will…
· Knowledge of and ability to follow State, Federal, and JMAA’s procurement policies and procedures.
· Display strong initiative while being attentive to details and compliance focused.
· Shine at providing excellent customer service, communicating effectively, and building relationships internally and with vendors while demonstrating high ethical standards.
· Have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Business Management or directly related field. Certification as a Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) from the Universal Public Procurement.
· Have a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and contracting, including analysis of cost proposals negotiations, resource planning, and competitive procurement processes.
· Four years’ experience must include managing a team of procurement or contracting specialists.
· Have a valid Mississippi driver’s license with a class B endorsement and ability to receive authorization to drive in secured areas.
What Do You Get to Do? You will…
· Prepares request for proposals, request for bids, and request for qualifications.
· Coordinates with other offices e.g Information Technology department and Communications department to ensure promotion and publication of all solicitations to the public.
· Responds to questions from staff and contractors regarding bid specifications and purchasing procedures.
· Submits weekly reports to the CAO on the bidding process and schedules and Capital Improvement(CIP) and Procuremrent Review Committee.
· Coordinates planning meetings for the CIP and Procurement Standing Committee meetings for preparation for the Committee Review.
· Oversees the implementation internal procedures and contracting formats to facilitate the procurement process and foster full and open competition.
· Coordinates, and monitors the planning, solicitation, negotiation, award, administration, and termination of contract after the Procurement and CIP Committee Review.
· Prepares and retains copies of executed contracts. Responsible for contract administration through the contract expiration dates.
· Oversees the implementation of procurement policies and procedures for the Airport Authority.
· Direct the procurement process for a wide variety of major capital equipment, goods, services, leasing, construction, and/or Architecture/Engineer (A/E) design plan contracts.
This job posting is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. A detailed job description will be provided during the interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, and any other protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org