Connect Jackson to the world, and the world to Jackson
What traits do we seek? Successful candidates will…
· Shine at communicating effectively, building relationships, and resolving conflicts while demonstrating high ethical standards
· Display strong initiative while being attentive to details and compliance focused
· Provides high-level professional work to JMAA and its stakeholders in the public and private sectors by maximizing DBE development and community relations opportunities in projects and other initiatives involving JMAA.
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public relations, communications, or a related field.
· Ten years of related experience, at least five years of which should be in a field related to DBE, community development, community relations, or public relations.
· Have a valid Mississippi driver’s license and ability to receive authorization to drive in secured areas
What Do You Get to Do? You will…
· Identify opportunities to forge strong ties between JMAA and the community, pursuing those opportunities to establish productive partnerships between JMAA and community organizations and businesses, and implementing innovative initiatives in support of such opportunities.
· Works closely with JMAA management to promote and secure an ongoing partnership with JMAA stakeholders at all levels.
· Advises JMAA management on issues related to community development, community relations, and DBE.
· Establishes and nurtures visible partnerships with community organizations, businesses, and government entities.
· Works directly with the Finance Department to manage grant applications and allocations as they impact and support JMAA’s goals and objectives to enhance community and DBE opportunities.
· Provides technical assistance in areas relating to community development, community relations, and DBE development and compliance.
· Seeks opportunities for JMAA to partner with the community through active coordination of JMAA’s interaction with community associations. Seeks out and encourages appropriate public participation in targeted activities of JMAA.
· Directs JMAA’s DBE program in coordination with senior staff as appropriate.
· Identifies, develops, and directs activities designed to educate the public concerning JMAA and its mission.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
This job posting is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. A detailed job description will be provided during the interview. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, and any other protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com