Website Jackson Municipal Airport Authority
The Jackson Municipal Airport Authority is seeking a Chief Executive Officer who will report to the Board of Commissioners and have the responsibility to plan, direct, manage and oversee all activities and operations of the Authority; establish goals and objectives for airport operations; coordinate airport activities and operations with administrators and officials of the counties and city; and provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Jackson Municipal Airport Authority Board. The CEO receives policy direction from the Airport Authority Board and exercises direct supervision over four senior leadership positions.
The Authority oversees two airports: Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN) and Hawkins Field (HKS).
The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Aviation Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration or related fields. Candidate must also have ten years of increasingly responsible experience in aviation administration or a related field, including six years of administrative or management responsibility. Candidates will have demonstrated extensive and varied airport experience with strong leadership skills having an emphasis on strategic planning, capital improvement projects, financial management, lease negotiations and community relations.
The Ideal Candidate will have knowledge of:
- Economic Development, operational characteristics, services, activities and operations of general aviation and air carrier airports.
- Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations governing the use and operations of general aviation and air carrier airports.
- Advanced principles and practices of budget preparation, presentation and administration.
- Principles of leadership, supervision, training, succession planning, and performance evaluation.
- Federal and state grant and technical assistance programs.
- Airport safety, security and emergency policies and procedures.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $192,000 – $236,000 with an excellent benefit package, fully paid Mississippi retirement program, and an airport vehicle. For instructions on how to apply, please click here to see the recruitment brochure, or visit the searches tab at www.adkexecutivesearch.com.
Filing Deadline: November 3, 2019
To apply for this job please visit adkexecutivesearch.com.