Website Jackson Municipal Airport Authority
JMAA is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the role of “Chief Administrative Officer.”
What traits do we seek? Successful candidates will…
- Experience in planning human resource functions of a medium-sized airport with experience being in airport operations management or administrative management, or a related field is preferred.
- In dept knowledge and practice with employee relations mitigation methods and performance management.
- Strong Experience in administrative law and overseeing legal matters are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing, Public Administration, and Aviation Management. (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Twelve or more years’ experience significant in the aviation industry in a senior leadership role.
- Have a valid Mississippi driver’s license and ability to receive authorization to drive in secured areas.
What Do You Get to Do? You will…
- Leads and maintains optimal employee performance contributions, training, and motivation best practices.
- Monitors staff’s performance against objectives and makes improvements when necessary.
- Serves as an internal consultant on organizational effectiveness and works closely with other organizational members in a collaborative manner.
- Oversees the development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Interprets policy and provides staff direction on policy and procedures.
- Directs research, procedural, and administrative studies and preparation of reports.
- Implements programs and assists the department leaders with developing strategic initiatives to accomplish the goals of JMAA.
- Supervises the work of the assigned departments and staff.
- Supports Properties Manager with negotiating leases and contracts. Approves proposed budgets for Properties, Air Service Development, and Marketing/PR functions. Approves management aspects of airport use agreements.
- Collaborate with Capital Programming and COO when considering airport tenant applications for modifications.
- Develops organizational strategies by identifying and researching issues, contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction, and establishing administrative policies and procedures in line with JMAA’s objectives.
- Minimizes workforce conflict and properly trains management in effective mitigation methods.
- Establishes strong professional relationships in the internal and external communities and serves as an articulate spokesperson and representative of JMAA and its workforce.
- Develops strategies and directs the implementation of business development initiatives.
- Implements administrative strategies by establishing department accountabilities and performance matrixes.
- Maintains effective workforce and positive, productive work culture and climate.
- Provides direct support to managerial staff in general administrative matters including requests for proposals, requests for quotes, board memorandums, etc.
- Ensures compliance with established procedures and attainment of JMAA’s strategic goals related to procurement, property management, records management, and general legal compliance.
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISORY
- This position receives general direction from the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directly supervises the Director of Human Resources, External Affairs, Grant Administration, Administrative Assistants and Front Desk Receptionists.
ENVIRONMENT & WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in the administrative office at the Terminal Building.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (including requirements for travel or working nights/weekends/holidays)
- Most of the responsibilities are performed at a desk, on a computer.
- Some walking and standing are required to attend meetings and make presentations.
- The work requires concentration and constant attention to detail, and in-person, telephonic, and electronic communications with others both inside and outside of the Airport.
If you are up for this amazing career opportunity where the sky is the limit, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include “Chief Administrative Officer” in the subject line. We welcome you to learn more about us at jmaa.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com