Website GULFPORT-BILOXI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Directs and manages all property, airspace, and facilities in accordance with Airport Authority planning documents.
· Responsible for all assigned aspects of administering capital projects, capital budgets, construction, contract and property management, update of charts, maps/floor plans, and airport projects.
· Coordinates and applies for airport grants from a variety of sources and administers until completion.
· Directly monitors all organizational aspects of land acquisition, airspace, land use, noise abatement, wetlands, environmental and storm water run-off programs.
· Responsible for coordinating work through state, county, municipalities, tenants, FAA and contracted services to include, but not limited to, project meetings, acquisition of land and easements, relocation, surveys, appraisals, work authorizations, and height/hazard/noise issues.
· Reviews zoning and development plans within airport environs area and coordinates master plan and noise abatement programs.
· Prepares/reviews bid documents, plans and specifications, and makes recommendations.
· Assists in the overall planning and development of airport property as it relates to the surrounding community and effects on the environment.
· Supervises Construction Manager and assigns duties as needed.
· Facilitates placement and review of airport property insurance coverage.
· Oversees lease agreements, contracts and permits.
· Manages Professional Services Request for Proposals and Request for Qualifications.
· Prepares and presents reports to the Airport Authority.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering, airport management, or related field
· 5 years of experience in planning, construction, or airport project management
· AAAE – Certified Member designation (C.M.) required within 3 years of program entry.
· Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively, and to determine and implement a proper course of action.
· Ability to speak and write effectively and communicate clearly.
· Ability to prepare and present written and/or oral reports and recommendations before large groups of people.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with business executives, government officials, airport employees, tenants, and the general public.
· Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices involving organization and management as applied to the planning, operation and maintenance of airport facilities and equipment.
· Thorough knowledge of the laws, ordinances, rules and regulations relating to the airport and surrounding environment.
· Thorough knowledge of airport safety, operations, and security.
· Considerable knowledge of current issues and developments in the field of airport management.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A valid drivers license.
The Gulfport-Biloxi Regional Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to SWeems@flygpt.com