Greater Toronto Airports Authority
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) is a unique and dynamic place to work. Approximately 1,400 GTAA employees work non-stop with our partners and agencies to deliver a safe and welcoming airport experience at Canada’s leading global hub airport, Toronto Pearson. The impacts of the pandemic have been significant to our industry, yet we remain Pearson Strong and are realizing the opportunity to accelerate our Healthy Airport commitment. Join us on our accelerated journey in creating the airport of the future in a smart, healthy and profitable way.
Reporting to the Manager, Airline Program Development, the Hub Development Manager will be responsible to strengthen, lead, deliver and report on the strategies and programs of both GTAA and operating hub air carriers to successfully deliver facility innovations required to successfully deliver various strategies. This includes the delivery of airline related programs to introduce innovative technology to streamline processes, airline developed products, and jointly develop services to create a hassle-free travel experience.
- Deliver a suite of projects and programs tailored to an airline’s strategic imperatives, with a focus on Toronto Pearson’s hub carriers
- Implement innovate technology-based solutions to promote a seamless travel experience
- Define airline requirements for new developments, representing the needs of the airline community
- Support airline coordination and communications efforts related to the T1 and T3 development programs, new services, product deployment and construction mitigation planning
- Manage new airline integrations and existing airline terminal relocations
- Manage and foster a collaborative relationship with new and existing airline partners, including senior airline representatives at a local and national level
- Coordinate, manage, motivate and lead a matrix-based team of colleagues, project managers and contracted resources in joint discussions providing a united voice to the airline community
- Lead analysis and resolution of systemic airline related issues focusing on reducing passenger frustrations and the potential for operational impact
- Review, collect and provide operational planning requirements/inputs (in conjunction with internal groups) and commercial priorities associated with various airport operating systems (baggage, check-in, security, etc.) with a focus on improving the passenger experience
- Manage and cultivate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) through a CRM tool so that other departments can garner key insights on air carrier activities
- Lead effective resolution of airline committee issues through operating units and working groups
- Commit to and deliver on the people manager promise to support and further the business’ vision through building and development of diverse, multi-skilled teams
- Post-secondary diploma with a business focus and relevant work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in airport or airline operations
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in people management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in contract management
- Ability to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate cross functionally in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills to effectively reach a broad audience of internal and external customers, and partners
- Lead and participate in teams to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others
- Solid business acumen and business improvement attitude to solution issues and to identify trends, provide recommendations, plans and implement corrective actions
- Ability to successful handle tight timelines and respond to critical and or changing priorities
- Requires ability to learn and adapt quickly about business, goals and strategies
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
The GTAA is a private not-for-profit corporation and a federally regulated employer. The Government of Canada has suspended mandatory vaccination requirement for federally regulated transportation sector workers. The GTAA has also suspended the application of the mandatory vaccination requirement in its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. However, GTAA continues to monitor government and health developments relating to COVID -19 and may re-introduce the Vaccination and proof of Vaccination requirements in the Policy at any time.
What’s in it for you!
We offer our GTAA members amazing benefits, including retirement planning, group health benefits, employee assistance programs (EAP), paid leave, education and training, as well as recognition and rewards programs.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.