Website Greater Orlando Aviation Authority
Greater Orlando Aviation Authority
POSITION SUMMARY: With over 48 million passengers, Orlando International Airport (MCO) is the busiest airport in Florida and 10th busiest in the U.S. MCO’s systems span a 13000+-acre campus that includes the North Terminal Complex, outbuildings as well as the South Terminal Complex currently under construction. The Assistant Manager, Structured Cabling position is a member of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority’s Information Technology Infrastructure Team. This position is responsible for direction, supervision, and coordination of the IT Premise Distribution Systems (PDS) group to support the Authority’s fiber optic and copper cabling infrastructure. The position supervises the PDS staff and manages the cable infrastructure for the Aviation Authority.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and six (6) years of experience installing, servicing, and maintaining Low Voltage/IT and Telecommunication Systems or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience. Experience in project management Low Voltage/IT/Telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, construction, and structured cabling projects required. Experience and knowledge of the following: DS1 through OCN, DWDM, Fiber locating, Fiber splicing, inside and outside plant construction required. Supervisory/leadership experience required. Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) preferred; Project Management Professional certification desired.
- Must have experience in telecommunications and be well versed in BICSI rules and standards and have strong knowledge of installing, splicing, terminating, and testing fiber optic cable.
- Must have strong project management, documentation, research skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical manner.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, and Visio required, knowledge of AutoCAD desired.
- Must have the desire and ability to develop and share proactive solutions and techniques with colleagues.
Must have the ability to operate in fast-paced, stress-inducing environment with a positive demeanor, effective organization and planning skills, and the ability to multitask various and sometimes-conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisory skills and the ability to interact with various levels of management, various departments and with internal and external customers.
- Write clearly and informatively, able to read and interpret written information. Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Critical thinking skills to solve both strategic and tactical challenges on a daily basis with advanced skills to perform complex work; requires ability to provide clear and timely responses and feedback.
- Must be able and willing to work non-standard hours, including weekends and after hours and on call as needed to accommodate airport operations.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) preferred, Project Management Professional certification desired.
- Must have a valid Florida driver license.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
To apply for this job please visit orlandoairports.csod.com.