We are the Orlando International Airport! The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) operates OIA and the Orlando Executive Airport. Our airport is a world-class facility serving more than 46 million guests each year and growing. Orlando International Airport (OIA) is the largest airport in Florida, the 7th busiest in the United States and the 7th in the world ranked by the number of passengers during calendar year 2021 according to Airports Council International North America (ACI). The airport serves as a significant transportation resource, catalyst and hub in the State of Florida.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package for full & part-time positions to include first day eligibility for health insurance, life insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday, and growth opportunities (see details below).
Responsible for providing guidance and direction for all Purchasing and Material Control department activities regarding the procurement of Goods and Services, Contract Administration, Inventory Management, the development of Procurement Policies, Strategies and Process Improvements for Orlando International Airport (OIA) and Orlando Executive Airport (OEA) in an effective manner. Responsible for advising GOAA’s Senior Leadership of areas of concern and suggest solutions utilizing best practices in public procurement, and within the guidelines of GOAA’s policies and procedures, regulatory statutes and federal agencies, as applicable. Lead a team of 29 employees.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field and ten (10) years of progressively responsible diversified work experience in procurement in a public sector, of which five (5) years must have been in a management capacity leading staff, preferably an airport or other transportation authority, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in warehouse management is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, analysis and problem resolution skills; ability to plan, schedule, organize, prioritize will managing multiple projects
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with State of Florida Contracts, GSA Contracts and other cooperative agreements
- Working knowledge of the solicitation and award process for major purchases of commodities, equipment and services, as allowed by statute in the State of Florida
- Working knowledge of specification, statement of work and purchase description development in the public sector
- Familiarity with State of Florida statutes pertaining to public procurement
- Working knowledge of contact document development and contract management
- Working knowledge of Surplus Property management, as allowed by statute in the State of Florida
- Strong negotiation skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills; Microsoft Office programs experience is required. A working knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning System, and an eProcurement system is preferred.
- Understanding of the Florida Sunshine Law preferred
- Effective budget management skills
Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), NIGP Certified Procurement Professional (NIGP-CPP) or equivalent certification required
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
To apply for this job please visit orlandoairports.csod.com.