We are the Orlando International Airport! The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) operates OIA and the Orlando Executive Airport. Our airport is a world-class facility serving more than 46 million guests each year and growing. Orlando International Airport (OIA) is the largest airport in Florida, the 7th busiest in the United States and the 7th in the world ranked by the number of passengers during calendar year 2021 according to Airports Council International North America (ACI). The airport serves as a significant transportation resource, catalyst and hub in the State of Florida.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package for full & part-time positions to include first day eligibility for health insurance, life insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday, and growth opportunities (see details below).
Provide direction and manage the CAD/GIS/BIM Technical Team to develop models, conceptual plans, drawings and exhibits supporting GOAA departments for various projects ranging in size and complexity. Duties generally include the management for the development of conceptual plans, preliminary engineering drawings, models and exhibits for a variety of projects ranging in size and complexity; management of field inspections on new and existing assets and utilities including electric, fiber, and water and wastewater systems; management of verification of asset information. Review the data, update the models and maintain the asset database in accordance with the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) standards. Manage the Airspace review and approval; prepare the permit applications including supporting maps, sketches and data for all projects including both permanent structures and temporary equipment during construction.
- Bachelor degree in Geography, Engineering, Computer Science or related field and five (5) years of CAD/GIS/BIM work experience for a consulting firm, a construction company, a public agency, or an airport authority involved with the design and construction of small and large scale projects, or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and work experience.
- Knowledge of BIM, GIS and CAD and their application in surveying, utilities locate, construction standards and materials, calculations and engineering practices.
- Knowledge of FAA Imaginary Surfaces, airspace restrictions, clearance, and requirements, FAA’s Airport Layout Plan and the FAA Electronic ALP (eALP) program
- Knowledge of the terminology, methods, practices and techniques of computer drafting and design.
- Knowledge of level and transit survey equipment.
- Knowledge of simple trigonometry, especially as applied to the making of routine survey computations.
- Ability to proof documents for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills and us of a variety of computer programs, including Microsoft Office, CAD, GIS, BIM and other various office equipment. Experience using ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online/Portal and Storybook required.
- Ability to make technical computations, interpret field notes and apply them in complex oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Good oral, and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to perform spatial analysis.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift – $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift – $1.00 per hour
To apply for this job please visit orlandoairports.csod.com.