DFW International Airport
The City of Dallas is seeking an experienced attorney to be assigned to the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Legal Staff. Responsibilities will include handling sensitive and complex legal matters and rendering advice and opinions to the Airport’s Board of Directors and Board staff. Work involves extensive contact and coordination with Board staff, contractors, and consultants. Position reports to the DFW Airport General Counsel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise on a variety of complex contracts, including construction, architectural, engineering, and design services contracts, professional services contracts, master services agreements, material purchase agreements, consulting agreements, service level (SLA) agreements, and others.
- Provide advice on federal and state contract and procurement laws/regulations to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Provide advice and guidance to senior Board staff, consultants, and contractors on complex contract solicitation and administrative matters.
- Consult on issues related to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Department of Transportation, and Constitutional law matters.
- Provide guidance on federal and state grant requirements, administrative law issues, Open Records/Open Meetings matters, and other applicable rules and regulations as needed.
- Monitor developments, including proposed legislation and court decisions, related to Airport activities and evaluate their impact upon Airport operations; recommend and implement policy and procedural improvements.
- Perform such other legal duties as directed.
- At least 5+ years practicing law, with public sector experience and/or experience with another airport entity preferred.
- Direct experience with legal issues associated with construction, architectural, engineering, and design services contracts.
- Strong understanding of public sector procurement laws, principles, practices and procedures.
- Outstanding written and oral skills.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Ability to analyze issues, formulate and evaluate alternatives, and make sound, decisive recommendations.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand consequences of legal advice.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all levels of Board staff, city officials, vendors, other government agencies, other employees, and the general public.
- Licensed by the State Bar of Texas in good standing (or at least eligible for reciprocity).
Salary is commensurate with experience. The City’s comprehensive benefits package comes with the position. This position is exempt from the provisions applicable to civil service, pursuant to Chapter XVI, Section 9 of the Dallas City Charter. Details concerning the Dallas City Attorney’s Office are available at www.dallascityattorney.com.
If interested, send resume to:
No Phone Calls, please
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com